05. WHITE MUSTANG

WHITE
MUSTANG

'THE WHITE MUSTANG' was a diner relatively close to raesun's apartment, only a couple blocks away. when she found herself homeless after coming out of hospital, the first place she went to was the diner, spending the little money she had on a cup of coffee and a measly meal. for the following weeks, after doing a few jobs around town, she kept visiting the diner in hopes of getting a more permanent placement.

perhaps the owner saw the desperation in her eyes and gave her the job out of sympathy; either way she was grateful.

she was hungover after the previous night of sobbing her soul out and drinking the last of her wine, taehyung's words of jeongguk and the rest of the group going to avenge her 'death' still rattling her to the core. her pounding headache was soothed with a glass of water and painkillers, but the ache in her heart from the news still remained.

whilst adjusting her waitress uniform, she picked up her orders notepad and walked up to a table taken by a man. she sighed, before speaking, "what can i get you today?"

the man turned, and low and behold, it was kim taehyung yet again; he smiled, "a banana milkshake, two pancakes with syrup, and a cute girl to accompany me on a road trip please."

she frowned, "very funny dumbass," rolling her eyes, she jotted down his order (minus the road trip), "i'll be back in ten minutes—"

"to agree to the road trip?" a cheeky grin took over his face and perhaps, there was even a hopeful gleam to his eyes.

raesun just shook her head. she was in no mood to travel, let alone argue.

taehyung sighed, "shame really. i was going to see some good old friends of mine who, strangely enough, know some of yours. maybe that will change your mind?"

she froze, back turned to him and hands gripping the pen and notepad a little to hard. her palms were starting to become clammy and her head throbbing, yet she tried to not to show how much he had affected her.

she didn't want to look desperate.

even though she really was.

after turning around, she narrowed her eyes at the boy before her, "kim taehyung, you have to be one of the most irritating people i have ever have met," she hissed, but her tone softened when she realised how he meant well — he was offering to take her to the man she had fallen so hard for, how could she be a bitch to him when he was going to practically give her the one thing she wanted most, "but say i wanted to go on this... road trip... when do you leave?"

of course he was smug at her answer — his eyes said it all, but it didn't stop him from talking, "tomorrow morning. pack for warm weather, buttercup, you've got a long summer ahead of you."