28. DIMPLED WINK

DIMPLED
WINK

                            RAESUN WALKED DOWN the stairs with a heavy worrisome pain in her heart — jeongguk had left early in the morning with yoongi and hoseok, saying something about the gang. to be truthful, she didn't quite care to listen since she didn't want to be a part of the gruesome deeds they were up to. they all spoke about revenge but raesun didn't quite understand: she was alive, so what was the point anymore?

but of course, once jeon jeongguk had his mind set on something, there's almost nothing that could change his mind. and she had started to accept that.

stretching and shuffling her feet across polished floorboards, she made her way into the kitchen, in need of getting out of the bedroom. she felt wide awake with the thought of hers and jeongguk's goodbye that morning: white lines on a bedside table, rolled up twenties, and dry chaste kisses. the freaky toxicity of their relationship made her smile amidst her eagerness for his safe return; that smile soon dropped when she saw who was sat in the kitchen.

"namjoon?! jin?!" she had squealed, rushing forward to her brother and his boyfriend. namjoon stood from his seat and stumbled back from their embrace as raesun laughed into his shoulder, smelling the scent of cigarettes and ocean.

"i was on my way back with jin from just outside the city when jimin told me that... that you were alive," he hugged her tighter at that, the feeling of tears landing atop her head making her hands rub at his back.

jin chuckled in the background, "you can say we were, uhh... very shocked."

the siblings parted but gripped each other's hands, raesun grinning up at her brother with such happiness beyond her regular self, "i'm surprised you haven't freaked out yet. everyone else has."

namjoon shrugged whilst sniffling, "trust me when i say both jin and i had a mental breakdown in his car," and jin had confirmed it with a nod, trying to hide brushing away a stray tear fallen from sore eyes.

"well," raesun beckoned jin over and he stepped forward, her hands wiping at both his and namjoon's cheeks, "i'm back now. no more tears, okay?"

"i take it that rule applies to jeongguk also?" namjoon chuckled, unknown to the havoc in his sister's mind caused by the mentioned male. she simply nodded with her smile twitching just slightly at the thought of him — she just hoped he was alright.

namjoon winked, a dimple to his either cheek, "i'll be sure to only use this information on the infamous jeon jeongguk crying, when it comes to dire need of blackmail."

"oh lord," raesun shook her head, giggling but dropping her hands to her sides, "you didn't hear it from me, got that?"

the two lovers laughed and sat back on the stools at the kitchen island, just after jin had ruffled raesun's hair. she went to the fridge to shake off the returned worry, "can i make you guys anything? are you hungry? i always get hungry after long car rides."

jin asked for water but namjoon shook his head, "i'm fine. what are you doing today? everyone's gone out and you're on your own."

raesun rolled her eyes as she passed jin a glass of water, moving to get the eggs out the fridge — he definitely wouldn't take nicely to her new 'job', "i'm... drug dealing."

the water shot from jin's mouth, splattering all over the island and slightly on namjoon (he didn't notice, too busy staring at his sister with his mouth swung open), "fucking what?"

if raesun was to be true with herself, it worried her that she was casual about the whole ordeal; regular girls with regular lives and regular friends don't drop off cocaine to settle debts (what even was regular anymore?). despite this, she merely shrugged, then realised both jin and namjoon were wanting answers — immediately, "me 'n taehyung have to do some dealing as repayment to hoseok... for letting us stay..."

jin's hand rubbed at his boyfriend's shoulder, a small smile of reassurance on his plump lips, "we had to do the same joon, it's just business—"

"does it look like i care about business when it comes to her?! my little sister?!" he shouted, but sighed and rested his head in his hands, "you don't belong in that scene, rae, you really don't."

"i've been exposed to everything else, why does it matter now?" she daren't look namjoon in the eye as she tried to focus more so on her breakfast, because if she put the necessities first her heart wouldn't break at the sight of her concerned brother, "besides, jeongguk comes with us because he doesn't want me alone with taehyung. and as much as i hate it myself, i'm fed up of arguing all the damn time so i might as well get this over with."

but namjoon frowned, "you haven't seen..." before he could let the words out, he stopped himself; jin looked at him with a blank face and gripped his hand, turning to raesun with an even bigger smile. namjoon shook his head and then, miraculously, his gaze softened and his brows pulled away from the frown, "how is taehyung, anyway? haven't heard about him for a long time."

"two years to be exact," jin nodded.

raesun let out a deep breath of relief from the tense moment being over, and gave a bit of a stiff laugh, "oh he's fine. a cunt, but fine all the same i guess."

he would be fine, wouldn't he, knowing what he's done?

jin agreed, "well, yeah. i'm just surprised he had the balls to come to us, of all people, after what happened all those years ago."

it was funny really, because if raesun was still the person she was last summer, she'd be confused as ever and trying to put puzzle pieces together. but since she wasn't that inquisitive innocent little girl, and the fact that she heavily disliked taehyung (she hadn't made up her mind as to if she hated him or not), she decided she didn't care as to what happened.

"he's trying to stay out of our way as much as he can," raesun shrugged, for seemingly the umpteenth time that day, "anyway, are you sure you two don't want breakfast?"

i really need to edit my works cause the amount of mistakes is unsettling, but i can never find the time smh

oh well you'll all have to stick with typos n such until i can get round to it

enjoy this anyway, even tho it aint all that good

love,
starr