14. SILVER CROWN

SILVER
CROWN

                           TAEHYUNG PICKED UP small necessities off the store shelves, raesun's being the two bottles of beer and small bits of candy he had tutted at with a smile. she followed him, one of the lollipops jaemin gifted her a week ago in her mouth, as she stared at him from behind.

she still couldn't describe that heavy feeling she got in the pit of her stomach whenever she looked at him.

whether it was guilt or lust, she didn't know, and that was the worst part.

they came to the beauty section and raesun's brows knitted together out of confusion until she saw what taehyung was looking at: hair dye. her face lit up and he noticed after turning around to her; she had the idea in her head for a while, but never acted on it.

"my hair needs a new colour and," he tapped his chin, looking at her hair in fascination, "i was wondering if you'd like to do the same."

she nodded, "what colour would you recommend?"

setting down the basket in his hand onto the floor, he took her by the shoulders and studied her. the feeling of his hands on her made her face flush with a hue of delicate pink, his wandering eyes raising the temperature inside the fairly cool store.

"maybe..." taehyung pondered for a moment, glancing at the relatively small selection of dyes on the shelf, "red? a little like this?" he pointed to his head, clearly gesturing to the ruby and not the dark brown of his roots.

"red, huh?" she mumbled.

his box smile was too much for her — what was even going on with her? "yeah, it'd match your cute little blush quite nicely."

and that's what made the heat in her cheeks too unbearable, her hands going up to try and smother the flames, "o–okay, what about you?"

chuckling, he grabbed a box of the red and another of a dulled down silver, "i was thinking grey. i don't know though, what do you think?"

just imagining a silver crown of hair upon his head made that knot inside her organs tighten, and oh boy was her guilt off the scales, "yeah, it'd look... nice," very nice in fact.

but of course she wouldn't admit that.

"then grey and red it is," taehyung placed the two boxes into the basket and picked it up, failing to notice her blush creeping onto her ears and dusting the tips — or perhaps he did, and just simply ignored it, "what a pair, aye?"

"yup, what a pair," she muttered, again following him.

she didn't understand — even after almost a year of going without jeongguk's kisses or loving touches, she never thought about a man in the same way. but there she was, thinking about how cruelly handsome kim taehyung was. raesun didn't know why she did, and didn't quite know when it started, but she wanted it to stop desperately.

yet oddly enough, she couldn't seem to halt the thoughts.

what's got into me, she mentally cursed at herself.