32. BLOOD MONEY

BLOOD
MONEY

RAESUN'S POV

RAESUN SAT WITH a cigarette in mouth, trying as hard as she could to count the money in her hands. some of it was from hers and taehyung's deals, some of it from the jobs yoongi had been doing for taeyong, and some of it being blood money. jeongguk and his friends clearly had some impact on people, since taeyong and hoseok were apparently well known drug dealers, so it was only expected that others would come to them for a solution to their own revenge.

they did have the personality for it anyway: manipulative but welcoming.

"don't go too hard on that shit, alright sweetheart?" jeongguk said, removing the joint from his mouth doing so and tucking a long red curl behind her ear. he was referring to mijin's new purchase from hoseok, an edge of her credit card slick with white powder.

raesun laughed, "i'm not planning on touching it. don't worry," a smile tugged at her glistening lips when his own kissed at her cheek, a hand of his rubbing at her thigh.

taeyong's apartment wasn't at all empty, with a thriving conversation and people littering the living room. smoke from cigarettes and things alike had grown and formed some sort of cloud against the ceiling, raesun laughing at the sight of jaehyun struggling to open the windows.

through hazy eyes, she did a slight double take at the sight of yoongi and jimin flirting and giggling amongst themselves, the elder's arm loosely wrapped around the younger's shoulders. raesun peered at mijin beside her to only raise a brow — she swore her and jimin were dating once upon a time.

nudging mijin's side, raesun muttered, "thought you and jimin were together?"

mijin laughed as she wiped underneath her nose, a thin film of white on the side of her hand, "we were but it didn't really work out between us as boyfriend and girlfriend. for a while i've... i've questioned everything about love and what not. we both recognised it'd be best to just be friends. besides, he looks a whole lot better with yoongi anyway."

raesun smiled at mijin, offering the rest of her cigarette to her and trying to be heard over the other conversations, "i always knew they fancied each other. they bickered like an old married couple."

"they still do," the girl gratefully took the cigarette as she pushed back her hair from her sweaty forehead.

just when their small talk ended, taeyong entered the room after finishing with an important phone call. he stood in front of the couches and cleared his throat, an indication for all chatter to cease — voices died down, the male smirking at his power, "johnny's just gave me news that they're all in town. all of them."

oh. so they found out anyway.

raesun had hoped that by her not telling the group of the altercation she had from her latest drop off, that it would be... forgotten. foolish of her to do so of course, and admittedly a little selfish, but the hope of having some sort of regular life was only keeping her quiet. she gulped, holding the money a little tighter in her hands, and felt uneasy since jeongguk looked so pleased.

jin grinned, like almost everyone else in the room, "who's ready to get these fuckers?"

geez this kinda sucks