22. DEALING AFFAIRS

DEALING
AFFAIRS

RAESUN'S POV

                               SHE STARED AT the tanned boy sat on hoseok's couch as she paced in front of him, not quite knowing what to do with her shaking hands. taehyung looked calm and collected, something she had struggled to do lately, and he didn't say a word — he didn't need to let out the words to get her angry.

"so you wanted to drag me into this shit without asking me?" her voice was low but it showed her fury, the fire in her heart in full flames to climb up her throat and latch onto her tongue.

he just shrugged, "i need the money, and i thought it was the least you could do for me."

what an asshole.

"i should've just drove here my fucking self—"

"but you don't have a car," his smug face made her freeze, a smirk tugging the corner of his lips upward with a teasing twinge to his look.

"don't get smart with me, bitch boy, because i won't hesitate to knock you clean the fuck out," she spat. he liked to play around, to poke fun at her life and her (arguably stupid) choices, but now wasn't the time nor place to be all fun and games. this was her life. these were her decisions. and the fact that he made choices for her, without consulting her first, sent her sanity through the roof.

he held his hands up in self defence, "alright, chill buttercup. it isn't that big of a deal—"

"isn't that big of a deal?!" raesun was in disbelief that this once intelligent man had turned so cocky and demeaning; he always had a problem with jeongguk and she tried to look past that, but he had turned insensitive towards her.

he rolled his eyes as if she was the one in the wrong, "look i really need the money okay? my dad lost his job a few months ago and he's working two jobs just to pay rent, when hoseok rang up to say he'd lost a drop off guy and that i still owe him a favour, i knew i could get a lot of money out of it. i thought of you and stupidly said i can guarantee a partner. i messed up, i know, but it's only a few jobs."

"it's not about the money, though! i couldn't give less of a fuck about money," she shook her head, crossing her arms across her chest to prevent her fist connecting with his sharp jaw, "it's about jeongguk."

"jesus christ, it's all about him, isn't it?" taehyung stood up, quick and sharp, hands wavering about in an irritated motion, "jeongguk this, jeongguk that, always fucking jeon jeongguk—"

just as she lunged for him, hoseok appeared out of nowhere to hold out an arm and grip her raised fist with his other, laughing to himself as taehyung looked quite frazzled — perhaps he was shocked she actually went to hit him.

"now now love, let's not start a fight in the living room," he gently pushed her backwards so she was against the wall.

her cheeks had been struck with flaming peonies and flowers alike, nails digging into palms as her fists shook. hoseok took the liberty to place a cigarette between her cracked lips and lit it for her, chuckling all the while.

"i'm a man of business, understand?" he stood in front of her, watching her smoke the gifted cigarette with mischief laden into his smile, "i need taehyung to do this for me and his part of the deal for getting a place to stay for as long as he wants, is to drop shit off with you. i'm a busy guy, and i keep true to my word when i say it will be no hassle."

"why can't he do it on his own?" she spat through smoke, stare burning into taehyung's avoiding gaze.

"a deal's a deal, love. again i'm a man of business, and i take it very seriously," he gave a simple shrug and they both watched taehyung storm out the room in a huff, "just a few jobs, that's all. and for your inconvenience i'll look at giving you a bit of extra money, alright?"

raesun stared beyond the cigarette's burning embers to wonder why the world seemed to spin the opposite direction she wanted it to, why the stars didn't listen to her wishes anymore, why she was always left in the dark while everyone basked in the harsh light. she cursed the fact that it was written in the universe for her to be so lost, for she couldn't handle the darkness any longer — it was time she got the answers she wanted.

"where the fuck is jeongguk," she hissed, putting the news of drug dealing to the back of her mind.

"well i've just spoke with taeyong over the phone," he said whilst walking to the coffee table, zipping up the duffle bag and slinging it onto his shoulder, "jimin and mijin will be here soon."

"but jeongguk—"

"you'll see him soon. don't worry," and with that, hoseok left the room, leaving her to her thoughts.