35. TROUBLED ANTICS

TROUBLED
ANTICS

JEONGGUK'S POV

AFTER SLEEPING, TORMENTED by nightmares he had gotten used to a long time ago, jeongguk thought he'd go out with jaehyun for a simple trip: nothing more than driving to his tattoo shop to help him with some sketches. it was dark when they had left, the bad guys out for the night with weapons as company.

and of course they got jumped when stopping at the convenience store.

"what the fuck happened?!" jimin gasped when jeongguk entered hoseok's house, adorning a subtle black eye and a harsh cut gleaming with fresh blood on the opposite cheek. jin immediately left the room in hunt for a first aid kit, whilst everyone else was starting to crowd into the room at the youngest male's rough appearance.

"are they dead?" yoongi asked before he could attempt to answer jimin's question.

"no," jeongguk groaned, struggling to take off his shoes at the door, "taeyong is trying to sort them out; jaehyun got busted up pretty bad before i got the other one off me." he winced at his sore ribs when he stumbled towards the centre of the room, "cowards ran away as i got up."

it was so stuffy in that room, and jeongguk only wanted to be left alone to his thoughts and for recovery — it's hard to do so when there's four people bustling around each other to get to you.

and of course it got worse when a confused raesun rushed down the stairs at the sight of him, dashing right towards him. "oh my god!" her voice was too loud for his still–ringing ears, her panicked eyes flooded with care that he knew he didn't deserve.

he got beat. that made him weak, and jeongguk refused to be pitied.

split knuckles shone with blood still, the whole room reacting to the mess as he held up his hands to ward off her own, "raesun chill—"

"chill? you're hurt." she insisted on checking the damage caused, from the cut to the bruises decorating his face.

a hiss slipped past throbbing lips when raesun's fingers grazed his chest, "just stop, okay?" his teeth were gritted in order to not only show how truly injured he was, but also to not let himself shout at her: this wasn't her fault after all, but it didn't mean her nursing behaviour didn't bother him.

"jeongguk come on, sit down." hoseok placed his hand on jeongguk's shoulder, only for him to dodge any other form of contact.

"leave me the fuck alone!" he yelled, almost tripping into the wall when his feet near about gave way. "just... leave me alone." it made him so angry to hear his own voice break, like a goddamn child, and that was caused him to walk away.

i don't need help, he thought as his knees started to buckle when carrying him up the stairs, feet hurrying to take him to the spare bedroom before he collapsed to the floor in tears, i don't need help.

he knew that wasn't true.

that time in his life, was the beginning of the end, and he didn't even realise it yet.

short one i know but the next will be longer

also i hope this new theme of mine is alright?? kinda just whipped it up out of boredom so—

hope you're all having a good day !

love,
starr