11. IN HIDING

IN
HIDING

JEONGGUK'S POV

                           JEONGGUK STOOD IN the rain as if it was any other day, hood pulled up over his head and boots laced up a little too tight. the rain had completely soaked him, the blood upon him almost blended in with the dark material his clothes; he didn't quite seem to care.

another gang member had laid dead, a bullet lodged right between his brows. the revolver sat heavy in his hand as he stared down at the body, no emotion upon his face splattered with both raindrops and blood speckles.

"what did that guy say again? my ears won't stop ringing," jimin whined, covering his ears from the shock of the gunshot.

no one thought the guy was going to make it away alive, but no one expected jeongguk to pull the trigger quite so quick.

"said hana's still in this city. she dipped out for a while back in april after trying to get us jumped, but she's back now. just hiding," jeongguk spoke, eyes still trained on the corpse. the gang seemed to recruit people of any ages: this one was possibly in his mid–thirties, slight grey to his mop of muddied hair, and his circular glasses cracked from the impact of his fall, "hiding from us most likely."

"she caught word of us on the hunt for her again then," jin nodded, stepping away from jeongguk — the younger hadn't even realised he was there, "let's go through his bag then, might be some goodies."

yoongi scoffed before walking away from the shot victim. jeongguk saw him, out of the corner of his eye, turn back around to study the younger.

he must have sensed he wanted to be alone, because he grabbed jimin by the elbow and took him to the car following an eager jin.

jeongguk sighed, finally feeling relief. he treasured his friends dearly, but for these past few months he had held loneliness close to his heart. though his thoughts tormented him throughout the days, some showing cocaine nights and others a dying lover, he didn't go insane.

not yet anyway.

"hey guk," it was mijin.

she had changed a lot since raesun's death: she practically took the blame for it, thinking if she hadn't told her anything about jeongguk then she never would have died. mijin let herself go, often resorting to drugs for that little bit of solace and cut her hair to feel as if she could try and have a fresh start.

jeongguk witnessed the girl break down, and it was anything but pretty — likewise with him.

her pixie cut was wet and limp from the rain, hanging over her face whilst she stared down with him at the dead body, "how are you doing?"

he scoffed at that, "not that great, this guy pissed me off," his foot nudged the man on the floor, jeongguk's frown laced with irritation.

"he's dead now. the dead can't do no harm," mijin shrugged.

"she still hurts me, to this day," he lifted his gaze towards the horizon, blends of deep greys and dull–toned blues dragging his mood down further. the rain suited his temper, irony splashing down onto his angered form, and he couldn't care less.

only the drink in his bottle and the chemicals in his drugs could help him anymore, his friends slowly losing themselves with him.

mijin sighed, "same, and i barely even knew her," he could feel her agonised stare, "she was very pretty, i must say. don't know how you got her."

he gave a small smile, a smile that almost pained him to pin onto his tainted lips, at the thought of their first meeting — her paint stained blouse, roses in her cheeks, the sketch she had created. she was pretty, inside and out.

"neither do i," jeongguk shook his head, "it's all my fault. i should've just... left her be," he felt himself crying and the tears ran like acid, venom trickling down his throat and poison polluting his mind, "why did i have to be so... so selfish?"

the girl's hand clasped around his own (the one without the gun) and she struggled to say her next words: "she's okay up there. and you'll be okay too down here, eventually, jeongguk."

uh oh gukkie's gone mad

can someone pls tell me if this is boring, i want to make this book as fun and mysterious as the first — opinions??

anyway love you all to the moon and back!!

from,
starr