17. NEON EUPHORIA

NEON
EUPHORIA

RAESUN'S POV

SHE FELT IT all: the club's lights hitting her skin in neon beams, alcohol buzzing in her bloodstream, sweat creating a film on her shimmering skin and her skimpy clothes sticking to her buzzing body. flashes of pinks and purples and green scored across her vision as she danced amidst the crowd, total strangers touching her body in promiscuous ways and a girl's teasing lips skimming her ear.

it wasn't personal. they weren't her rebound after figuring out she couldn't find her lover in the bottom of a bottle.

this was the night where she let her sadness, once breathed in blue, now thrive in florescent colours.

she saw taehyung standing at the bar, sipping on his cocktail with a smirk on his thick lips, his eyes locked on her and how her hips moved with ease. her eyes said it all, inviting him over knowing he'd come with no hesitation.

raesun wanted to let loose, so who the hell should stop her?

taehyung strolled over, swiftly making his way through as she laughed, feeling the beat take over her heart and allowing it to. her drunken self was surprisingly good at dancing and took taehyung's hands to encourage him to join — but he couldn't help those hands from attaching to her waist, her behind against his clothed front.

and she still allowed it.

the neon euphoria was sending her into a carefree state, forgetting the nightmares of a honey boy's weeping eyes and bloodied daisies. so as she danced, one hand raked through her road trip partner's new silver hair and her chest sprinkled from the glitter falling from the ceiling, she wished to let it all go.

"you've got moves, buttercup," he whispered in her ear, soft lips gracing the multiple earrings, "show me what else you've got."

perhaps she was too drunk for her own good.

raesun showed him for definite, grinding on him shamelessly and letting her hand drag down his chest, spinning herself to face him. she didn't stop dancing with that hazy grin on her face, glitter like stardust on her cheekbones and eyeliner starting to smudge. her slow hand graced the tanned skin of his chest, moving past the couple of gold chains and the buttons of his black silk shirt.

and that's when her wish to let it all go started to become doubt, yet, she didn't stop even when his mouth skimmed the sensitive skin of her neck.

memories of violet wildflowers left upon that very skin left by him, of the past sweet summer drenched in dewfall and cheap beer, of a sinner's kiss so angelic the heavens would crash down in irony.

those saint lips of taehyung's dragged up towards her own, the soft flesh almost making her forget those of her past lover — she hadn't kissed anyone since him. she didn't dare, in case he'd find out and kill them and most likely her too.

but where was he now? fucking some other chick? loving someone else the way she hoped he'd love her?

so she let taehyung kiss her, underneath the strobe lights and speckles of glitter.

taehyung.

his lips were so soft, so nice, so fruity from the alcohol he had left at the bar.

taehyung.

his body was pressed up against hers, the two still swaying to the heavy music as she felt his heartbeat above hers.

jeongguk.

she couldn't wish to let him go. to replace him with someone, though intelligent and beautiful, who could never compare to him.

raesun froze, before immediately running through the crowd in stupidly high heels and liquor tears.