John | Terrible Valentine

In honour of valentines, I thought I'd make my first fluff (wow can you believe it) based off of that. So hereyago

fluff
**********************
John was at the market, strolling around. He had skipped last class to go here. It was Valentine's Day, and he wanted to show his love how much she meant to him. They loved each other, but they never got around to talk about what they think about the day.

For John it was a despicable day. He liked the meaning of it, but hated the expectation everyone had for it. Flowers, chocolates, teddies, hearts in red and *puke*. Like, who would shag in a bed covered in rose pedals? But he knew he wouldn't hesitate to make an exception for his girl.

He hurried to buy a teddy bear, a box of chocolates and condoms. What? He was running low. Then he ran home to his love and hid behind the hedges in front of the house. He was planning to knock on the door right after she had stepped in.

—————————————
I was sitting at our desk in chemistry class, waiting for my lab partner. Well, I wasn't really expecting him, I saw him run off, only a few minutes ago. He often skipped classes, but he always stayed for these. When we sat together, we were sure not to pay much attention to the lecture. But, he's the only reason I didn't skip chemistry.

The whole class I sat with my head in my hand and stared out of the window. It was bright outside, the snow was slowly melting and some birds were beginning to travel back home. I wondered where he'd gone. Maybe to the bar, or just a random street corner. Maybe he was just around the building, smoking with his friends. But I couldn't help my mind wander into darker thoughts, about what he might've done. But it was Valentine's Day after all, he couldn't be out having to much fun. Wait, it was Valentine's Day. And he'd gone and left me.

When the bell rang I startled, but I soon came to my senses and hurried home. The walk felt utterly long, I kept my eye out for John. Maybe he was somewhere waiting for me. But I couldn't see him, the whole way home.

John looked at his wristwatch and saw that his girl soon would be home. He grabbed onto the purchased items and prepared to leap. When he heard steps approaching he became eager and couldn't wait to surprise her. But then, he heard crying. His love was crying on her way home. He dropped the chocolates and the bear and watched her from behind the hedge. As she was about to unlock the door, he couldn't bear seeing her sobbing anymore. He leaped out behind her and grabbed her shoulders.

I screamed as I felt two strong hands on my shoulders. I wiped a tear from my cheek and quickly turned around. "John?" I looked up at him and sniffed. He watched me with concerned eyes as he put his hands to my waist. I really did not expect to see him, I thought he'd be somewhere completely else. But I was happy to see him, I felt safe in his embrace.

"What's wrong love?" He asked me with a fake smile, trying to comfort me. He tilted his head and looked me deeply in the eyes. I looked away and sniffed. "I-I thought you'd left me on Valentine's Day." I said sulking. The words nearly didn't get out. John grabbed my chin to look me in the eyes. "Y/n, why would I do that?" He kissed me softly on my lips. "Close your eyes." I did as told and felt him pull away. I heard him walk away and fumble with something by the hedge.

"Love, I'm sorry I missed chemistry." I opened my eyes and saw John in front of me. He held a teddy bear and a white box of chocolates in his hands. I looked at the items for a while. Then I quickly leapt and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Oh, I'm sorry, Johnny." I kissed his neck and buried my head into the crook of it. "You've got nothing to be sorry for, y/n." I pulled away and looked him in the eyes. "I love you." I couldn't stop smiling. Why would I think that John would've left me? That's an absurd thought. He is the greatest boyfriend I could've asked for. "Let's go inside eh?" I nodded and unlocked the door.
————————————
We laid in bed, close to each other with the bear by our heads. We ate the chocolates and listened to records. John was the sweetest, and I was the luckiest. We laid in each others arms as we drifted to sleep. Best Valentine's Day so far.
********************
I don't really know, but I feel like this was a little short. But wutevs, what do you think? Thanks for reading and byeeeeee