Ringo | Calm After The Storm, pt. 1

-of many, probably.

I really wanted the title to be 'honey, you've got a big storm coming', but that was too long.

This (series) isn't entirely Rory-centered, but holy shit, LOOK AT HIM.

Requested by marmaladeskies67
***********************
59/60, don't matter cuz we teddy boys today

"Are you from Tennessee? 'Cause you're the only ten I see."

I couldn't have rolled my eyes any harder. He was undoubtedly very handsome, but he was too desperate for his own good. Rory Storm could have any girl he wanted, yet here he was, relentlessly interrupting my conversation with Ringo. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Lily, say - how is the, uhm... fever?" He inquired. I creased my eyebrows, tilting my head in confusion. "What fever?"

"Oh, sorry. You just looked hot to me." Before the words had even left his lips, a smirk spread across them and he really thought he had gotten me that time.

"Fuck off." I waved my hand, turning my attention back to Ringo. He was laughing to himself. With a mouth full of ham sandwich, he leaned over to his bandmate, "Shut yer gob, Rory."

The much taller man glared down at him, seemingly trying to decipher a code in his head. After a minute of awkward standing around, Rory spoke up. "Can we go round to mine? I've got a new Cochran record."

I could never resist a bit of Cochran.

Hesitantly I agreed. Since we were already near the bus stop, we decided to wait for the next bus going to Rory's area.

I hadn't wanted to hang with Rory anyway. In the beginning, Ringo and I had gone to a café at noon for a bite to eat (Ringo bought himself several bites) and we'd just strolled around, talking in peace. That was until Rory suddenly rounded a corner and I had to deal with him trying to persuade me for the rest of the day.

Persuade me into what exactly? I had yet to figure, but I guessed it involved a bit more eccentric doings than being caught when falling from heaven.

Once the bus finally halted before us, Rory had bombarded me with the utterly most cheesy pick-up lines I had yet to hear from anyone. At first, Ringo had been quietly snickering to himself, knowing I would never give in to Rory, but when we seated ourselves in the back of the bus, he was looking quite irritated. 

I turned to Ringo once Rory had taken a defeated break. He was glancing out the window at the passerby, looking very disinterested. 

"Rings," I spoke quietly into his ear. He spun around with a slight blush to his cheeks. He looked a bit tense when he faced me, so I put a hand on his knee, "Anything bothering you?"

He quickly shot a glare at Rory before swallowing and responding, "No, nothing."

------------------------

We got off the bus after a good 15 minutes. I'd never been to Rory's place before, and so only then did I realise he lived in the same neighbourhood as Ringo. 

I glanced at Ringo roaming his pockets. He fished a dirty napkin out and excused himself to throw it away. 

I turned to Rory, wearing a smirk I'd love nothing more to wipe off his face. Suddenly, I felt a jolt of resentment for him. I had no idea why. It was just as if I knew he was going to hurt me in some way- like a calm before the storm. 

I saw his tongue dance across his bottom lip. The gesture made me shiver for some reason. I had no reason to so momentarily feel this way about him. Mere days ago I had actually enjoyed the attention.

 My shoulders sunk when Ringo returned. As if he could sense my discomfort, he put his arm across my back and placed his hand on my hip. We had been friends for a long time, he was simply platonically protecting me.

I forced myself to look at Rory again. He had his eyes on Ringo. Just then did I realise how long we'd been standing in the most awkward silence. I cleared my throat, making all eyes shift to me. "I think I wanna go home," I spoke quietly.

Ringo nodded understandably. I looked up to Rory, mustering a smile. "Bye, then. Sorry," I spoke to him. I waved awkwardly as I turned to walk away, but Rory persisted. "Wait," he roared before drawing me from Ringo's grasp, holding me by my shoulders and pressing his lips forcefully against mine.

I inwardly shrieked and pushed him away. I stared up at him in disbelief. I knew he was trying to get with me, but bloody hell! "B-bastard!" It was all I could muster. Once I noticed he was accumulating a smirk again, I stormed away with Ringo trailing after me.

He called after, "Lily!". I kept going for a little while before I even dared to turn around. I had gone farther than anticipated, Rory was out of sight and Ringo halted right before me. 

I must have had some sort of detection system in me, but it must've been malfunctioning, 'cause I bet I could've avoided it all if I'd just- It went dark. Before I knew it I had fallen into Ringo's chest and his arms were around me. 

Putting into perspective, it was a small and inadequate thing. A forced peck on the lips isn't the end of the world. Honestly, I should've expected it. Days in advance, even. I mean- I had been leading him on in a way...

"Lily?" Ringo's soft voice snapped me out of my thoughts. Gratefully, I leaned forward and embraced him tightly. "Are you alright?" I felt his fists tightening on my back. I knew he wanted to offer to beat him black and blue, but he knew well enough that violence was never an answer. 

I slowly let go of Ringo, connecting our eyes. He smiled making me feel all the better. "Round to mine, then?"

--------------------------------

I love Rory, alright? Don't know much about him, but I think he's really cool and he probably wasn't the bastard I've written him to be.

So, yeah. This probably wasn't realistic at all.

Stay at home, wash your hands. Take care of the elderly, don't be selfish. Peace and love and smut<3