Blush blush

I actually like this chapter!! (Kinda)
Peter x MJ btw, sorry if you don't like them, but it's like the only thing I've been able to write i guess.
———

"You guys are losers."

Peter distinctively remembers MJ calling him and Ned losers.

Now she only calls him a loser. Not fair.

"Parker you're such a loser." MJ says, after she over heard him gushing about the recently published science informational textbook, to Ned.

"Hey! I just like my books! Besides this one is like super helpful to get into MIT-"

"That doesn't make you less of a loser, Besides you'll get into MIT anyway." She says, last part slightly under her breath.

"Well if I'm a loser then isn't Ned too?"

"Nah he's not a loser , he's just a geek, you, Parker, are on another level. Therefore you are a loser and he isn't."

Peter opens his mouth to say something but closes it and give her a look of defeat, which she smirks at.

Peter pretends to not notice MJ staring at him got the next half hour.

—-later that day

Peter scrolled through his for you page on instagram, looking for funny textposts or memes, during their foundations (homeroom?) period.

He would stop occasionally to show Ned some of the funny ones.

He got to a specific one and let out a cutesy smile. He gave MJ a glance, which she narrowed her eyes conspicuously at.

Why was that loser smiling at her like that? She didn't deserve a smile from him? Was this a slight blessing from the heavens for her actually taking her meds lately? Was hallucinating one of the side effects? No probably not.

Peter looks at her one more time and she tilts her head slightly, to appear annoyed.

He tapped his phones a few times, and pointed to her phone that was on her binder.

She picked it up, shooting him a 'this better be fucking worth it' look.

She opened her Instagram and opened the new message he'd sent her.

Peterparkour: u?

Peterparkour: u?

She cringed at his abbreviation. But as she read the text post, she tried to hide the slight blush that was now spreading across her cheek.

She got out of her seat and walked toward Peter.

"Peter uh you know that's not what I mean when I call you a loser, you're just actually a loser." She explains, probably badly.

"Aha sureeee MJ." He says sweet and sarcastically. His

"You're a loser for even reading textposts, you should really read an actual book sometime you know." She changes the subject.

"Well I think I'm pretty smart, I mean for one, I got you to call me by my first name for once! And I made you blush so that was a major plus."

"You did not make me blush!" She defends. Trying to act angry. "Besides, it's not like I refused to call you by your first name. You could just ask me to just call you Peter."

"Ok. Call me Peter then." He says simply

"Ughh but why? Parker just gives me more dominance-"

"Well maybe I should start calling you Jones then." He says.

"Uh, no you're not gunna do that." She says.

"Ok."

"Ok."

"You know you're never going to convince me that there wasn't a hint of emotion behind the 'loser's and 'parkers' " he says.

MJ blushes slightly again. "Wow you really think you got game huh Parker?"

Peters face tints pink and he shrinks in his seat a little. "Yeah this whole confidence thing is hard you know." He says his voice lower in volume.

"Huh. Well, maybe you should try it more often,  and maybe you'll actually get somewhere in a conversation with me. But don't be so confident that you're not yourself, I wouldn't- no one would like that." She says.

"I'll try it then."

"Good."

"So you doing anything after school?" He asks.

"Probably not." She answers.

"I can buy you some tea from the library coffee shop place down the street if you're down"

"Sounds cool. You gunna entertain me with all your nerdy stuff?" She says, fake sarcasm I the midst.

"I should tell you all about the new computer system I'm making, it's super cool."

MJ sighs dramatically, pretending she didn't like his ramblings as she checked her watch. "God you're such a loser, Peter." She says and smiles.

The bell rings and she grabs her binder and as she walks with Peter out the door, as they begin to part ways Peter says a "bye" and she says. "See you later, loser."

And they both part ways, a blush spreading across their cheeks.