One|| The Exchange Student [edited]

After losing my parents to murder on my 8th birthday, I became a different person. You see, the man came out of the shadows, a tall man in his mid-thirties wearing dusty worn down clothes but enough to keep him warm from the pinching of the weather and the wetness of the rain. He crept up behind us and barked orders at my mother and father who stood completely taken aback at the confrontation. He snatched my dad's wallet and my mum's pearl necklace, then, he shot them, in front of me. He shot my dad in the head then my mum to heart. He immediately took off after giving me a look of regret but I couldn't forget the greed and lust that shone in his eyes. Lies, I thought as I was soon left alone in the dark, sobbing uncontrollably.

Later on, I was given comfort by a social worker. He said I was traumatized by the events. I was raised on the Lee Manor in England by the family butlers and maids. I was still in private school and I grew up with very few friends but not any on my behalf.

During my time from then and now, I have traveled the world and trained with the best in several types of martial arts and exceeded my own limits, almost becoming limitless. But there's always a limit to everyone and everything, even me.

10 years later...it's 2017, Seoul, South Korea.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. I wake up with a frustrated groan to the sound of my alarm clock which I instantly punch, causing it to fly across the room into a wall. Well, that needs replacing for the millionth time. Right after the sound of plastic shattering, a couple of footsteps made their way closer to my door and entered the room in a swift formation.

"Good morning, Miss Lee", they spoke as I slid my feet to the warm wooden floor.

"Morning." I replied with a yawn. I scurried into the bathroom, beginning my first half of my routine for the morning. I hear shuffling coming from the other side of the door, being well aware of the maids were tidying. I finished brushing my teeth while talking on my imaginary opponent in the mirror.

"You have 5 unread messages."

HIT

"Message 1." "Miss Lee, we have enrolled you to a high school of your choice, Jae High School."

HIT

"Message 2." "You will be enrolling today. Please, don't buy the school."

HIT

HIT

"Message 3." "And no inappropriate behaviour of any sort."

HIT

HIT

HIT

"Message 4." "Anyway, no killing! Bye!"

I force myself to a stop and chuckle dryly. Yeon-Seo, aged 30 years, was employed as the Lee family valet when my parents were killed. She raised me as an orphan and reluctantly aided me. She has many skills ranging from cooking, medicine to self-defence.

I stride through the halls towards my bedroom knowing the maids had prepared a bath for me and had set out my school supplies.

Once I was clean and smelling fresh, I went ahead and wore the school uniform. I quickly finish it with my signature look, a blazer hanging off my shoulders and MP3 player attached to a wire which was then wrapped around my neck. I combed through my hair and grabbed my bag and lazily headed downstairs.

I finally arrived at the front gates of the school. I had already caught a few people's attention who stood amazed whispering about me and sneakily take videos and pictures. I blocked out the comments with my music.

"Is she a transfer student?"

"She's rich!"

"She looks scary."