Two|| Sticks And Stone Will Break Your Bones [edited]

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!-"

"No." I faintly whisper.

"Blow the candle, hon-"

"Please, no", I beg.

*Gunshots*

"No!"

*Screams*

"N-No p-please. P-Please n-no!" I cried out.

*faint whispers*

*sobs*

"Ji-Young..."

"Ji-Young."

"Ji-Young, wake up!"

It was my mother's voice. Knowing this, I snapped out of this dream state and back into reality. My eyes squinted at the light peeking in through the curtains, the beads of sweat trail down my forehead. I bring my knees to my chest and let out a pained whimper as I buried my face in my hands, letting the tears fall. I let a few minutes pass until I was completely sober and began my daytime routine; train, skin and dental routine, shower, and get dressed for school. I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs, passing James who greeted a good morning and ruffled my hair. I hiss at him causing him to giggle and runoff. I rolled my eyes, hiding the small smile that appeared across my face.

James is also 25 years old. He is my official bodyguard and works alongside Yeon-Seo. James is a British man with black hair, blue eyes and perfectly tanned skin. He is exceptionally tall and has a big physical build. Yeon-Seo hired James and assigned him as my personal bodyguard. He is talkative, cocky and even hot-tempered, completely opposite to me and it was that we were different and had me warm up to him. He later became an older brother figure to me. They saved me from myself and I'm forever grateful for it.

I walked to the front door and just when I went for the handle, Yeon-Seo called out. "Not so fast, Miss Lee. Your schedule is as follows-" After she stopped yapping about my after school activities, I gave her a slight nod and waved after she pecked my forehead and I made my way to school.

Once I reached the school gate for the second day in a row, I grip onto my bag as I remembered yesterday's events. Daniel Park. I let out a breath and built up the courage to walk past the hoard of people outside.

I entered the school and was bombarded with comments, whispers erupted amongst each other. It was the norm for me. If they didn't go too far with their opinions I was fine by it. If it did cross the limit, they were lucky James and Yeon-Seo weren't here to escort me to school. They were protective and not in a cute way but overly 'anyone touching her will die a painful death' protective. They felt the need to overtake parental roles but they still give me the choice to think for myself.

We are close and I hate to admit this but I love them to pieces. I wouldn't wish for a different family for anything in the world.

"Hey, there she is."

"Oh damn."

"She's like a cartoon hero."

"Look at her figure."

"Damn hot."

It was too early for this but honestly, it was too early for anything. I roll my shoulders back hoping to destress them as I ignore the girls' and the boys' fangirl/boying as they excitedly follow me at a distance. I was so immersed in my music, I bumped into what I thought was a wall. Boy, was I wrong? Almost falling back, I felt a hand swiftly grab me by the waist. I silently muttered disapproved words, completely forgetting the hallway was packed with students trying to get to their departments. The moment that felt awfully slow as I stared back at a boy, with fairly large ears and his eyes grew at the sight of mine.