Eight|| Meeting Duke Pyeon [edited]

I hear an abrupt cough coming from behind me, detaching myself from my focused trance. It was James dressed in his suit, ready to begin the day. I watch him lean up against the wall, combing his fingers through his hair. I give him a quick good morning to which he returns while glancing around the room. 'She never fails to surprise me. She is talented, more than someone can comprehend. Once you think you know everything, you realise you actually don't.' He thought watching me get up on my feet and look over to the canvases on its wooden displays, spilt paint, scattered brushes and stained tissues on the table to my left.

"Is there anything you can't do?" He jokes. "Hmm, I'm not sure. I'll get back to you on that when that opportunity arises." I grin causing him to crack up.

The studio was a fairly large room with red brick walls. Large glass windows had lightened the room with the sun's warm touch. Shelving units placed back of the room holding supplies of all sorts. My recently painted works were stacked behind the table beside me. In the middle stood a bigger table for planning purposes. On the wall to my right, stood a partially painted canvas as the size of the wall hid by a curtain sheet. The walls displayed a few of my finest works.

I finally set my eyes upon the artwork. I've been working on it for some time now. "What your verdict, James?" I questioned, placing a finger to my chin. He walked closer and stood beside me. "Oh my god." He breathed out. "That was all I needed to hear. How about you, Jarvis?" I say with a giggle as I clean up. I noticed James continued to stare at painting with utter curiosity and interest. "It's an exquisite piece of art, Ji-Young."

I hear James muttering. It was obvious he was jealous. James rolled his eyes and turned to me. "What do you call this painting, Miss Lee?" James asks looking at me. I hadn't thought of that.

I stare at the painting intently. The picture was of a chained hand reaching out and up. It symbolises humanity and hope. "The Hope in Humanity." I whisper enough for him to hear. He looks at me with a grin and pats my head approvingly. (A/N: From Detroit Become Human).

I grab a pen and sign the painting then stack the canvas with the others. I look at James for a brief moment. "I'll be right down once I freshen up." He nods and I walk towards my room. "Please, have my outfit ready." I say to a maid who was walking my way. She nods with a smile. "Yes, Miss Lee." I walk in the attached bathroom of my bedroom and put my hands under the warm running water, watching the paint slide off so effortlessly.

One day I will own an art Museum of my very own. I move on to my dental routine, facial and then showering routine. I step out wrapped in a towel. I walked over my bed where my clothes were already sitting. I wore a plaited set, blazer and mini skirt. The blazer draped over my blacktop and the look was finished off with black skinny strapped heels. I attach my earphones and mp3 to my neck.

I grab my phone, going through my notifications like usual. Instagram→ 181 million followers. Twitter→ 107.8 million followers. I follow a handful of people, celebrities and charities and partners. For privacy and safety reasons, I don't follow anyone. I post regularly and go live to chat with fans. It helps me rewind after an extremely busy day.

I took my seat, placing myself in front of Yeon-Seo with James beside her. I invited the maids over, they were quite hesitant at first so I gave them a reassuring smile. We talked about our day ahead, laughing at James jokes. I soon finished and rose from my seat.

"Please, take your time eating and take some food home since it'll only go to waste." I say with a sincere smile and bowed ninety degrees at my elders. James and Yeon-Seo followed.

"What you did there Miss Lee, was very generous of you." James says as walked me to the door. "It's the least I could do." I say as I step outside. "There's more, isn't there, Miss Lee?" He asks with a glint of curiosity in his eyes. "T-this world's too corrupt, James." I force out with a stutter. Yeon-Seo gave us a confused look, closing the door behind her. "What's happened, sweetheart?" She spoke holding my chin. I gave them a small smile and quickly wiped my eyes. "N-nothing." I respond. They frown but let me walk away.