Chapter 9

Nightmare

It was almost the end of school for the day. I had turned my chair towards Daniel. I watched him still working. I went back to sleeping after I completed the work our teacher had set long before.

"Hey...Ji-Young? Are you awake? Hey, wake up!", it was someone poking my cheek ad frantically speaking. "Hm...Yh? Yh?!", I jolted awake. I was breathing heavily, frightened. Another nightmare.

I snapped my eyes around me, seeing everyone had already gone home. "Hey? Hey? It's okay. It was just a nightmare", he reassured with a concerned voice. His eyebrow furrowed in worry. His eyes stared into my eyes. Then I felt something wet on my cheek. Tears.

I shot up to my feet as tears continue to escape. I tried to hide the sobs. It's not just a nightmare. It's a memory. A horrific one at that.

He got up from his chair. His eyes widen.

'I've never seen her like this'. I cover my mouth with my hand in shock. Did I just hear his thoughts?! I scream in my head. I back away, embarrassed and angry while he continued to walk towards me.

The scene changed. An alleyway. I tremble at the sight. "No!", I scream while running to little and big Daniel who held his hand out to me. Bang. Bang. My heart drops. I scream in pain clenching my chest.

I fall to my knees next to their lifeless bodies. "A pity isn't it", I shot my head up to see a man in a hoodie holding his gun to my head.

He mocking laughed. I look to the ground in pain waiting for the impact but surprisingly it never happened. I was beginning to hear many voices and he disappears.

I cry louder with sight. There lay both Daniel's and my parents. 

I soon become angry. "Is this what you want from me?!", I shout to no one in particular. "Is this what I am?!", I cry with both Daniel's in my arm, hugging them.

Nightmare Ends

I sat with a laptop, typing away as I take a few sips of my iced white coffee and occasionally stare out the window of Star Coffee in a daze. I slip the towel off and wear a white turtle neck with full sleeves and a dark cream two-piece dress with a plaid pattern. The top had thin straps, a v-neck and zip as its centrepiece. The skirt was high waisted and pleated. I straightened my hair and side-parted it, a few strands fall onto my face making me tuck it behind my ear. I wore black boots with lace.

I look at myself satisfied with my look. I look over to my dressing table and take out my MP3 player that attached to wire around my neck and place them in my ears. I ignored all the bizarre comments I was receiving. According to James, I needed a place away from the mansion and the company to work. It's noisy. He does visit the company and carries out decisions made by me.

I had noticed, Jace worked as a waiter. I look over to him out of interest, noticing the Burn Knuckles made their entry and were making their order. They must come here often.

I look away and stare at the ceiling bored out of my mind. I resist the urge to close my eyes and had a thought. Where are Johan and his mother? I take my phone and text James.

Guardian Angel

I have a request. : Me