Welcome To Happy Harbor High

With a sigh, Artemis stood in the hallway, a paper in hand and waiting for someone to take her on a tour around the school. She hated the idea of moving, it was for Lawrence's buisness.

Lawrence, her father (calling him that left a sour taste in her mouth) was a criminal mastermind, what he says, goes.

"You must be Artemis?" A smooth, but a bit nervous voice questioned. The blonde looked up and raised an eyebrow before nodding. "I'm Zatanna Zatara." the raven-haired girl before her put out a hand.

Artemis hesitated a moment before taking her hand awkwardly. "Welcome to Happy Harbor High." the girl said with a sigh, clearly it wasn't the first time she did this.

Artemis payed attention, well enough so she would know where everything was. Zatanna rambled a bit, but other than that the tour was uneventful.

There was a boy standing in the middle of the hall, holding his hands behind his back, and a sash across his body.

They had a hall monitor here? What's the fun in that? Said hall monitor noticed the two of them and stuck a hand out. "Hall passes?"Artemis couldn't help but laugh.

"I got it right here Klarion." Zatanna said, her normal warm smile turned into a smirk. The girl reached into her pocket, and once she took her hand out, she flipped the boy off.

Klarion grimaced, but before he could react, Zatanna grabbed Artemis' wrist and raced down the hall.

"I like you already." Artemis said with a smirk. "Good to know, heres your class! Have fun!"

Hope you enjoyed the prologue! I assure the 2nd part will be longer!