Move In

Artemis laid on her stomach on her bed, for if anything touched her back it would hurt tremendously. There was still a large red spot where the boiling water was put. She had a pretty bad limp due to the cut on the bottom of her foot also.

"Artemis! Come down here, theres someone I want you to meet!" Lawrence yelled from the bottom of the stairs. Artemis stood up and her breath hitched as her foot touched the ground. She tried to walk as normal as possible, she couldnt show weakness, especially if this was one of her fathers buisness partners.

So, she bit her lip, and then she immediately stopped. She had a split lip from last night's events. So instead she just held her breath and walked down the stairs.

"Heres your step-sister. Cissie Jones. And your step-mom Millie." Artemis raised her eyebrow. Millie was the woman Lawrence had been seeing for the past few weeks. Artemis gave the two a small smile and extended her hand to Cissie, who hesitantly shook it.

Cissie was also blonde, and looked to be athletic. Though she was nervous and jumpy. Which sparked curiosity in Artemis, but she refused to question on it right now.

"How about you show Cissie around the house while Millie and I go to a meeting with one of my buisness associates." Lawrence practically ordered and grabbed Millies hand as they couple walked out.

"Heres the main room." Artemis said, gesturing to the large TV and couch. Cissie just nodded in response. Artemis limped over to the next room, now that Lawrence wasnt here she could limp freely.

Cissie raised her eyebrow and pointed to Artemis' bandaged foot.  "What happened?" Artemis went to say the excuse she already had prepared but Cissie stopped her.

"Does he hurt you? Your dad, I mean. My mom hurts me." She swiftly asked. Artemis solemnly nodded. No wonder Millie and Lawrence were such a good match.

Artemis cleared her throat and faced the teen. "Does Millie...train you?" She asked and Cissie gave her a small nod in response.  Artemis hummed.

The tour was over soon enough and the two sat in the main room on the couch. "I heard that they're leaving in a few days for buisness." Cissie informed, and Artemis raised an eyebrow at that.

"Thank god." She laughed out and stood up, walking over to the kitchen. "You want anything to eat?" Cissie raised an eyebrow. "We dont have to ask?" The one thing Lawrence never really did was starve Artemis. If she was starving then her muscle would decrease so she could survive, and she would be weak. She couldnt be weak if she was going to be in the family buisness.

"No, we dont have to ask." Artemis stated and Cissies face lit up. She quickly pointed to the box of granola bars. Artemis grabbed two and tossed one over to her new step-sister.

Her phone then buzzed and she pulled it out, Wally.

From Baywatch💕 To Spitfire🔥:

Baywatch💕: You doing okay?

Spitfire🔥: Yeah, something big came up though

Baywatch💕: What is it?

Spitfire🔥: I'll tell you at school

Baywatch💕: Oh so it's that kind of interesting

"Who's Baywatch?" Cissie asked, taking a bite of her granola bar. "My boyfriend." Cissie smirked and raised an eyebrow. "Mom would never let me, she says that stuff distracts me." She explained, walking back over to the couch and sitting down.

"What Lawrence doesnt know wont hurt him." Itll sure hurt her when he finds out, though, that's a fact. Cissie shrugged and went through the channels.

Artemis took note on how quickly Cissie changed. At first she was nervous and jumpy but now she was openly conversing with her.

"Do you-do you have friends and stuff?" Artemis furrowed her brows in confusion and nodded. Cissie looked surprised and excited. "What are they like? Do their parents hurt them too?" Artemis cringed, did Cissie think it was normal to be abused?

"They're pretty cool, and no." Cissies face slightly dropped.

The Next Day

Wally was very curious on what it was Artemis had to tell him. He waited on his front porch, for to get to school Artemis passed his house. He noticed, though, that she was limping. There was also a girl walking behind her. Was this a part of the interesting thing?

He ran over to her and put an arm around her, helping her walk. She was about to object but stopped herself. "Is this your boyfriend?" The little blonde girl quietly asked. She must be shy. Artemis smiled and nodded at her.

"What happened?" Wally inquired, still confused as to who this girl is but he was more worried about Artemis. "Its no big deal, I was taking out the trash and stepped on some broken glass." Wally chuckled at the explanation. "Wear shoes next time, babe." She just shrugged.

"Whos-"

"Cissie." The girl quickly answered and Wally nodded. "I'm Artemis' new step sister." Wally got confused rather quickly but there wasnt much more explaining to do after that, it was a pretty blunt explanation.

It didnt take long until they arrived at the high school. "The middle school is a few blocks down that way, think you'll be okay?" Cissie just nodded and walked off.

In case you dont know, Cissie Jones is Arrowette. I know she is like supposed to be 6 years younger than Artemis but I'm going to make her three years younger. So Cissie is thirteen and Artemis is sixteen.