Trust Me

Wally and Artemis sat at the small cafe. She was a but distraught over the whole case and was a bit silent. Wally grabbed her hand from across the table and smiled at her. "Wwe'll get through this, Dick and I are on the case and we'll solve it before anything happens."

Artemis gave him a small smile, a pity smile. She looked down for a moment before letting out a shaky exhale and she looked back up at him. "Wally, Lawrence, he always gets his way." She stood up and Wally followed the action quickly, following the blonde out of the cafe.

"Artemis! Slow down!" He ran up to her and grabbed her shoulder causing her to stop, they were in the middle of the alley. "No Wally!" She yelled back, shoving his hand off of her shoulder.

She went through so much this past week. Everyone found out about her abusive family, then she was a suspect for murder. She could feel herself having a mental breakdown. "Artemis you need to calm down."

She looked at him, tears threatening to come. "Wally I cant do this." She muttered, gesturing to the two of them. He gave her a confused look and he shook his head, stepping forward. "What do you mean?"

Artemis licked her lips and sighed. "I think we need to take a break, he'll come after you Wally and I can't have that happen." A few tears fell, Wally quickly wrapped his arms around her.

"Artemis, you dont know what you're saying." He couldnt help but notice that his voice almost broke, as if he were afraid that she did know what she was saying. "Wally I love you, and I can't let him do anything to you, please."

Wally tightened his grip on her and he shook his head viciously. "I love you too." He muttered, closing his eyes he felt her shoulders shake. Then, he pulled them apart, his hands still resting on her shoulders.

"Artemis, I need you to look at me." He stated, and her grey eyes looked into his emerald green ones. He let out a small sigh and gave her shoulder a squeeze.

"I need you to forget about your dad, the case, everything that's going on. Just focus on me and take a deep breath." She nodded and took a deep breath before looking back at him.

"We're going go get through this, together, trust me." She hugged him tightly. He returned the gesture quickly.