Game Day

"You're coming, right?" Wally asked Artemis, as they walked over to the middle school to get Cissie. Artemis gave him a small nod. "I wouldn't miss it." Lawrence and Millie are leaving today, which is probably why shes been a bit more happy today.

He wrapped his arm around her when she started to limp again and she rolled her eyes. "I'm fine." She insisted but he didnt move him arm. "Hows Millie?" Artemis had been complaining about the woman ever since she moved in.

"Same old act, she thinks she can control me." Wally hummed and nodded. "Does Lawrence do the same with Cissie." Artemis scoffed and shook her head. "He barely acknowledges her unless its to-" she cut herself off and Wally raised an eyebrow.

"Unless it's to yell at her or something." Artemis quickly said and Wally just nodded. Once they got to the middle school they waited at the entrance for Cissie. "Thanks for coming." Artemis said and Wally smiled at her, they both came to pick up Cissie everyday and Artemis never stops thanking him for it.

"If we win this game you have to kiss me." He said and she laughed and nodded. "What happens when you lose?" His eyebrows furrowed with thought for a second. "You kiss me." They both moved closer to each other but then quickly pulled away when the schools bell rang.

Cissie came out, talking and laughing with two girls. She must be making friends. Cissie smiled when she saw Artemis. "Bye!" She yelled out to her friends as she sprinted over to the couple.

As the three walked back to their houses, Cissie started talking about her day, she definitely started to open up more to Wally. "These three girls kept tripping me but I hit them all in the face in dodgeball so its okay." She happily bragged and Wally highfived the teen "Nice!"

"Bye babe." Artemis said to Wally once they got to his house. Usually he would walk her home but the game started in a few hours and be had to get ready. "Bye." The two kissed and Cissie stuck her tongue out.

Artemis lightly smacked Cissies shoulder and the two then walked to their house. "A boy asked me out today." Artemis raised an eyebrow. "Really? Whatd you say?" She shrugged and sighed.

"I told him I'd think about it." Artemis nodded "What's his name?" Cissies eyes lit up. "Bart, and it's weird because I swear he has a crush on his best friend, Jaime." Artemis wrinkled her nose in thought.

Later

Wally put his helmet on and jumped up and down as he waited for his number to be called. "Dick Grayson number 1!" The announcer called out and Dick ran into the stadium, putting his arms into the air. Conner was next.

"Connet Kent number 4!" Wally patter thearge '04' on the back of Conners jersey as he ran out. "Wally West! Number 3!" The redhead screamed along with the stadium as he ran out, he looked in the stands to see two empty seats between Zatanna and Nora, where Cissie and Artemis were supposed to be.

He was a bit disappointed to say the least, he was excited for them to be here. She never lies to him about going to places, so where was she? He shook his head to clear him mind. He needed to focus on the game.

Meanwhile

Artemis stood in front of Cissies closed door, guarding it. "Dont you dare touch her!" The blonde shrieked out to Lawrence and Millie. "Move out of the way baby girl, before you get hurt." Artemis shook her head and put her hand out when Millie stepped forward.

"I'm not letting you hurt her! Hurt me!" Shes heard the things Millie has done to Cissie, Artemis was used to this stuff, Cissie would look horrified, Artemis didnt want her to go through anything else.

Millie scoffed and stepped forward Artemis pushed the woman aside and Lawrence raised a brow. "As you wish." He then said, taking out a pocket knife and handing it to Millie.

"I'll be waiting in the car." He said, walking off and Millie smiled. She pointed the knife at Artemis' gut. "Step aside." She warned and Artemis glared at her. "Make me." Millie shrugged and plunged the knife in the blondes stomach. Artemis' eyes widened and she put a hand over the spot she stabbed.

"Move." Millie ordered, shoving Artemis aside, but before she could open the door Artemis got up and tackled her to the ground. Lawrence has put her up to fight professionals in worse conditions than this.

Artemis punched Millie in the face and she reacted by stabbing Artemis in the side, which caused the blondes face to tighten, but she didnt move.

Millie extended her arms and searched for something, which happened to be a bat that was leaned up against the wall. She used it and hit Artemis' face, causing her to roll off of Millie.

Millie stepped on Artemis' stomach, digging her shoe onto her and tightened her grip on the metal bat, bringing it above her head.

The car honked and Millie stopped. "Time to go." She said, dropping the bat and staring at Artemis. The blonde started to sit up, as if asking for more. She seemed to still be going. Millie rolled her eyes and kicked Artemis' head, causing Artemis to hit her head on the back of the wall.

Millie then turned and walked out of the house, slamming the door behind her.