The Trip

Most kids would be happy to go home for the summer, especially if they had just been at boarding school for ten months. Yet, not Harry. She's rather stay at Hogwarts, she loves to learn, and she can't do much of that at home. She also love magic, and everything that has happened at the school. She stopped a mountain troll, and Voldemort, I mean how many can say that? She made her first friends, and she loves them, she likes having friends. Harry doesn't like living with the Dursleys, there she has no friends, she doesn't learn, she's bullied, and kept underneath the stairs. They're mean to her, they don't love her, and all because of Harry's mother. She's enjoyed her first year at Hogwarts, and she can't wait to come back for her second. Her, Ron, and Hermione are eating treats and talking all about their year. They also promised to write to each other, though Harry said she might not be able to.

Harry hopped off the Hogwarts express, and parted from Ron. Ron ran up to his mother and father, joining the rest of his siblings. Soon she parted from Hermione, who joined her parents, hugging them tightly.

Harry looked around at the muggle platforms, she can't see where her Aunt and Uncle are, they must be outside. She lugged her trunk, and Hedwig's cage behind her as she walked through King's Cross Station, and through the crowds of people. She stepped out if the building and looked up and down the street, then she spotted them. Uncle Vernon is standing outside his car, turning purple in the face.

Harry ran over to him, and when he saw her, he scowled.

"You're late. Get your things in the trunk, we have places to be," he snarled angrily.

Harry nodded quickly, and ran to the boot of the car. She opened the boot, only to find other suitcases inside.

'Why are there other suitcases? Are they going on a trip? No they can't be, I mean I'd be with Mrs. Figgs if they were, right?'

It took Harry three minutes to get her trunk inside the boot with the other bags, it took her this long because it's a small space, and she was given no help. She climbed into the backseat, buckled up and placed Hedwig's cage on her lap, the rest of the family snarled at the owl. They don't really like Hedwig all that much.

After about ten minuets of driving Harry noticed something, this isn't the way back to Privet Drive. She looked around startled, and then at the rest of her so called family.

"Uncle Vernon, this isn't the way back to Privet drive..."

"I know, and I don't need to be told that by you," he yelled.

Harry stopped talking, and shrunk back in her seat. Her uncle looks angry, you can tell by the way his face turns purple and red all at the same time. Her cousin looks oblivious, but then again he is playing on his game boy, ignoring everything. The same can't be said for her aunt though. Her aunt has a smug smile stitched onto her face, it's like she knows something, she probably does.

Quietly Harry played with Hedwig, she poked her finger into the cage, and pulled it out fast, just as Hedwig would touch it. They played it until Hedwig hooted, and Uncle Vernon yelled at Harry to, "Keep that darned animal quiet, GIRL!" So she did, she stopped playing with Hedwig, and just decided to pet her. Hedwig never made a sound when she pet her.

After a while though the car pulled to a stop, and when Harry looked out of the window she was shocked, why are they at the airport?

"Uncle Vernon, why are we at the airport?" Harry asks.

Vernon's face started to turn purple, but instead of yelling or saying anything at all, he ignores the young girl. Harry took this as a que to not say anything else.

She jumped out of the car, and took her trunk from the boot. All in all she now holds her trunk, and Hedwig's cage. Uncle Vernon holds his, and a small bag. Aunt Petunia holds her bag, and her purse. Dudley was holding his suit cases, but he convinced his mom info carrying it for him. So now he only holds his backpack and his Gameboy.

Harry followed then into he airport and through the lines. They checked all the suitcase, including Harry's trunk. They also had to check Hedwig's cage, they said it was too dangerous for her to fly with the passengers. When Harry was told this, she almost started crying, obviously the woman noticed for she promised that they'd take good care of Hedwig.

They all made it through security, this made Harry very happy, for she kept her wand in her pocket.

When they got to the gate they saw that they still have another half hour until people start to board, so Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon went to the bathroom.

While there Harry took it upon herself and to ask Dudley if he knew what was happening.

"Dudley, why are we here? Where are we going?"

With out looking up he replies, "We're going to New York."

"Why?"

"Well after we drop you at your real dad's, were going to spend some time in the city."

Harry stared at him, "But... My father is dead."

"Apparently not. Your mum didn't have a kid with James, she had you with someone else. Mum just found out and she told dad. Now we're taking you to him, and apparently he's rich so we'll be getting money out of this. I could be getting a new play station," Dudley smiles.

Harry gaped. Is this true? Is James really her dad, or is this man in New York her dad? She thought about this and stared at the ground, well after her Aunt and uncle got back. They didn't question the look on her face, for they didn't care, the only thing they care about is Dudley.