Sending Letters

After Harry read Hermione's letter, she became happy that she prepared a letter to send to Dumbledore. Now she doesn't have to write a new one explaining everything that has happened. Harry smiles, and tucks the letter into her desk, placing it next to the pre-made one. She runs her fingers down Hedwig's feathers a few times before taking her up on her shoulder. Harry smiles at Hedwig's hoot, she must be hungry.

Harry opens her door, and walks through the hallways and ends up coming up on the kitchen. She sees the Avengers looking at her, but it's nothing she's not used to, I mean everyone at school stares at her constantly. She opens a few cabinets and eventually finds a package of crackers. She opens it and starts to feed Hedwig, when she turns to look at the Avengers she finds them looking at her with open mouths. Have they never seen an owl before? I mean everyone at school, and so many wizarding families have them so it shouldn't be a... Crap... Harry forgot that they don't even know that magic exists, let alone owls who send messages.

Harry smiles sheepishly at them and continues to feed Hedwig. The first one to speak up is Thor.

"How do you have a tame owl, lady Harry?"

"Umm... well Hedwig was a gift."

"You know, you never told me who gave you her. Plus, where has Hedwig even been for the past week?" Tony asks.

"Well... when I started school, I met a man who was friends with my mom... he was the one who gave me Hedwig," Harry pets her once more and she hoots. "I... I let Hedwig out... so she could explore the... city."

"OK, well as long as she comes back I'm fine with it," Tony says letting it go.

"Umm, why did your owl have a letter tied to it's talon?" Clint asks.

Harry keeps a straight face, and makes herself look confused, "Letter? Hedwig didn't have a letter, now did you?"

Hedwig hoots and Harry smiles again. Harry returns to the kitchen, and eats the crackers with Hedwig. The Avengers took about another five minutes before they went onto their own conversation. A few times though they'd look back to see what she was doing, and other times they'd look at her in curiosity. Harry ended up going back to her room, and she took out her letter to Dumbledore. She smiles and places on her desk, she grabs some twine, and ties it to Hedwig's leg. Harry contemplates whether or not she should go release Hedwig from the balcony, but then they would definitely see the letter, and ask her about it. 

Harry decided against it, "JARVIS?"

"Yes Miss Harry?"

"Do any windows in here open?" she asks looking to the wall of window.

"Yes, would you like me to open one for you?" he asks.

"Yes please." A window opens, and Harry feels the breeze flow into her room, "Thank you JARVIS."

"Your welcome miss."

Harry walks over to the window, and she tells Hedwig to give the letter to Dumbledore, and again she tells her to take her time. She really doesn't want Hedwig to get hurt in any shape or form. Hedwig rubs her face against Harry's before leaping off her arm, and diving out of the window. Harry smiles, and reaches to push it back into place. When she does she goes to her desk, and takes out Hermione's letter. What is Skype? Quickly she puts the letter into her trunk, and swiftly walks down the hallway. 

When she gets to the living room, she finds the Avengers still in the same place they were before. She walks over to Tony who is sitting on the couch.

"Tony?"

He looks up at her and smiles, "Yes?"

"Can you help me with something?"

"Sure, what do you need," he says, switching his attention from the conversation to his daughter. 

"Well, my friend Hermione mentioned a way that we could keep in touch. It's something called Skype, but I don't know what that is. She didn't really explain it, and I don't know where to look for it."

A few of the Avengers looked confused at her, how did she never hear of Skype before. Tony waved them off, and turned back to his daughter.

"Sure, come with me."

Tony grabbed her hand and pulled her along. The Avengers followed them, and noticed Harry's look. She seemed a little nervous, but didn't say anything. They all walked through the hallways and ended up coming up on a door. The door isn't like everyone else's, it's black, and there's a small window. Harry saw this and internally started freaking out, is this a punishment? Is she going to be locked away in a black room with only a small window. Natasha noticed that she tensed every so slightly, but she didn't say anything. 

When Tony opened the door, Harry relaxed. The room is filled with computers, and wires. There's a monitor on the other side of the room, and it's huge. Tony entered by Harry didn't. She knows that her magic doesn't always react in the best way when technology is involved, so she stayed in the door way. 

"What is this place?" she asks.

"Well this is mostly where all the security is, but there's a bunch of spare pieces in here too." he grabbed something off a shelf, "Here, you can have this lap top."

Harry takes it in her hand and smiles, "Thank you." She holds it in her hands, and looks back up at him, "Um... how do you... use it?"

Tony's face goes blank, and part of him looks like he's going to cry, while the other part looks angry. Harry only sees the angry part, and her face goes sad, "I'm sorry."

Tony shakes his head and looks confused, "It's not your fault. Come on I'll teach you, I mean you'll probably pick it up fast anyways."

Tony took Harry's hand gently, and led her back into the living room. Together they sat down on the couch. Tony opened up the lap top, and booted it up. When that finished, he and Harry made it her own, they set it up just for her. They added her picture to the profile, they put on a custom background. Tony wanted to do a picture of Iron man, but Harry wanted to do an image of the Scotland mountain. He was a bit weirded out by that, but you know it's her computer. They did a few more things before installing Skype. When they did, they created Harry's account. They picked out the continent where she lives,  which is now America, Harry first picked Britain. 

She smiled sheepishly before switching it. He laughed at her, and continued on. Then when they finished, Harry looked up Hermione's name. She immediately found her, for she has a very obvious picture. Her bushy brown hair, her brown eyes, and her teeth. Harry smiled at the picture, a familiar feeling washing over her. She added her, and clicked on the call button. 

She faced away from Tony, but he didn't care. The rest of the Avengers gathered on the couch next to Tony and watched Harry's face. You can obviously tell that she's nervous and excited. Then the call was answered, and a familiar voice came out of the speakers, and a smile came to Harry's lips.