Chapter 10: Silencio

It had only been a couple hours since Newt and Tina had agreed to secretly surprise Queenie with a sweet little kitten. They'd taken the portkey back to New York and returned to the Goldstein sisters' apartment.

Tina had left about ten minutes ago to-

"Pick up some dinner for us... I don't think that anybody is up to cooking after today."

And she left without another word, although Newt knew she had gone to get Artemis before she even thought about dinner. If Tina had gone to do her part of the deal, then Newt had to do his.

He set his case down inside his room and made sure that Jacob noticed the trapdoor was wide open before slipping inside and carefully tucking his new creature's cage in an empty shelf in his shed.

Jacob climbed down the ladder a moment later, as Newt suspected.

"Mind if I help?" He asked.

"Not at all," replied Newt, hanging his coat on a small metal stand.

Queenie came down the ladder before Newt could even decide what he wanted help with. This was better than what he had hoped for.

He let Queenie and Jacob feed the Bowtruckles and Occamies, then discreetly sneaked out and crept into the living room.

Just as Tina described, a large, wooden closet sat, unused just behind the floral-printed couch.

Newt opened the door, trying not to make any noise, pulled out his wand and whispered an extension charm under his breath.

A glimmering yellow substance floated out the tip and settled over the closet, fading out in a matter of seconds.

Newt peeked his head inside. A spacious room, about the size of his and Jacob's, sat waiting to be used. It looked identical to theirs, with cream walls and a light grey carpet.

He lifted his wand slightly and pointed it delicately at the carpet, where the grey faded out slowly to reveal a crushing, icy blue. The same colour as Artemis' eyes.

Smiling to himself, he closed the door and admired his work. It looked absolutely normal. Just to check, he opened it again and popped his head around the door. It was bigger on the inside, just like his suitcase. He'd executed the spell perfectly.

Newt left the living room and climbed back into his case, reaching across to grab an extra bag of pellets for the Occamies as he did.

"Just had to get some extra feed for the Occamies," he announced, to no one in particular.

He trotted out of his shed and found Jacob gently placing a Bowtruckle back onto its tree.

Pickett poked his tiny face out of Newt's vest pocket and climbed onto his shoulder.

"Hello, Pickett!" Newt greeted merrily.

Pickett chirped twice and plopped himself down onto his shoulder. Jacob chuckled.

"Your creatures are amazing!" Mused Jacob, his eyes on the Bowtruckles, climbing and fighting and playing in their tree.

Newt grinned.

He then turned towards the Niffler's little cave full of glinting treasures and pulled something out of his pocket.

A coin.

As he flipped it in the air with his finger, a tiny pink snout poked out of the burrow, followed by two furry black claws, which eagerly grasped the coin as it fell and placed it next to a small pocket watch.

Jacob watched as Newt lunged forward and gently picked the Niffler up in his hands.

That's when he realised that it was wearing a bandage around one leg.

"What happened to him?" Asked Queenie, coming to Jacob's side.

"He cut himself on a knife. It was a while ago, but shiny as they are, they're incredibly sharp. Poor thing almost had it hit bone," murmured Newt as he inspected the Niffler's leg, cradling it in one arm as he did so.

Jacob winced slightly.

"Well he's lucky you were there to help him," said another voice from the shed.

All three of them turned around to find Tina coming down the ladder.

Newt felt himself smile. She'd successfully adopted Artemis the kitten, by the look on her face. They'd both done their bits, then.

"I brought some dinner," she added.

And, as if on cue, Jacob's stomach rumbled loudly.

"Excellent!" He said, and grinned sheepishly.    

EDIT: I wish you could type numbers in capitals. But you can't. So instead, imagine me screaming the following sentence in my screechy Newt-Scamander-just-kissed-Tina-Goldstein-oml-I'm-going-to-die fangirl voice...

HOLY HECK HOW DID I- 

I CAN'T EVEN-

575 VIEWS AND LIKE, 80 FREAKING VOTES I CAN'T-

HOW-

ANDJADVB;'SB;;/FSNBL'SNBLL.VA;BN;KJ/AZNVG;J.VJBSLDZJ.V'/

*error: the system has crashed. Please reboot and try again*

Basically, what I'm trying to say is thank you. Thank you all so, so much! You have no idea how much I appreciate your feedback, theories, votes, comments, and fangirling (y'all know what I'm talkin' 'bout (OML I CAN'T EVEN- AAAAAAAAAAAAH) <--- That. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout) It just makes my day so much!

CHAPTER 10! DOUBLE DIGITS! whoop, whoop! 🎉

Okay, calm down Cat XD

Well, i finally used a spell that even Muggles should know. Silencio (for those of you who've never heard of it (if so, then why are you reading this book XD)), is a spell used to silence someone (well duh). I think that Newt and Tina are being pretty sNeAkY and they need to be... silent? well if they're discussing plans for Artemis then they would XD

I DON'T KNOW, OKAY THIS IS HARD XDDD

I'm sorry i didn't post anything yesterday, but as I explained in previous chapters, I'm literally drowning in homework (even though it's only week two? :/ ) and therfore, this chapter is a little short. I may post another to make up for it.

WARNING

The next chapter is FLUFFY (well in my opinion haha).

I love cats, and I just thought I'd say that because I missed out on it in the last chapter.

 Comment if you have a cat, or want a cat, or are allergic to cats, or hate cats.

Comment about cats.