Chapter 30: Multicorfors

Tina didn't think he was mad. She didn't think he had gone mental. She didn't even ask him to tell her anything else.

In fact, it was Newt who decided to fill in the missing parts of the story, describing how Pickett had grown a great affinity for his wand (for it looked almost identical to a twig), and how he had inadvertently fired a spell at himself after wrestling it from Pickett (who was much stronger than he looked).

Unfortunately, Newt had decided to tell everyone during dinner, and Queenie had spat her water all over the table when he admitted that he almost lost a wrestling match to a Bowtruckle.

Tina had some news to share too.

"Guess what?" She asked them, leaning forward.

"What?" The trio responded in unison, then whipped round to look at each other and dissolved into grins.

"What is it, Tina?" Piped up Jacob eventually.

She beamed.

"Work finishes tomorrow. I only need to fill out a couple more reports before we get a break for the new year."

She leaned back in her chair while Queenie murmured something about finally realising why Tina was in such a good mood.

"Hey! I almost forgot about the new year!" Exclaimed Jacob. Newt had too. Everyone had, bar Tina, of course.

After a swift meal, Queenie slogged back to her room while her elder sister volunteered to do the washing up.

Upon entering, she though she heard a contented chirp from Tina's work desk.

Queenie stopped in front of her bed, startled. It couldn't have been Artemis? Could it?

No, she's in her closet. What are you up to, Teen?

Queenie tiptoed over to the shelves hanging above the desk and peered inside.

Two dark, chocolate brown eyes met her.

"So you're Topaz! Gosh, my sister thinks about you all the time!" She murmured, reaching out a finger to stroke the tiny salamander. She promptly pulled it back when she saw it sitting happily in a flickering orange fire.

"Right. You need this stuff to survive..."

"Queenie?"

She whipped found to find Tina leaning against the door frame, her arms crossed.

"What are you- Oh..."

Queenie remained silent.

"You found Topaz."

"Uhh, yes."

The Goldstein sisters stared at each other, unsure of what to say.

"He's beautiful, Teen. That was really sweet of Newt."

Tina nodded slowly, fiddling with her wand.

It was really sweet. Should I have given him a gift in return? What if he thought that I'd gotten him something too? Are we even on a gift-giving basis?

She shook her head, trying to clear the thoughts from her mind. All she needed to focus on right now was finishing the last of her MACUSA work.

Then she'd think about everything else.

"Newt? Have you seen the New Year's Eve shopping?"

"What? Uhh... no?" Came the muffled response.

Both the sisters turned towards the open door just in time to see Jacob hurrying down the corridor. Newt's (less muffled now) voice followed a moment later.

"Wait... what New Year's Eve shopping?"

Their voices grew muffled again, then the sisters watched as Newt flashed past outside the door again.

The pair stood frozen, contemplating whether they should go outside, or wait for the next moments to unfold on their own. They never got the chance, as Newt appeared in the doorway a moment later.

"Hello, uhh, sorry to bother you, but, um- Queenie? Did you- did you go shopping for New Year's decorations?"

The younger Goldstein sister grinned back.

"Maybe. But don't open them yet! We can set it all up on the 31st! Last day of the year!"

Tina rolled her eyes.

"Alright," She sighed at heryounger sibling. "But don't buy anything else!"

*sigh* We all knew this day would come...

I have run out of spells... and there are still 9 more chapters left. So basically, Multicorfors is a spell that changes someone's clothing, and I thought it was cool, so I used it. There's no other reason. If you want, you could say it was because people like nice festive colours for the New Year? idk and idc

O HEY LOOK I FINALLY CAME UP WITH A SUPER FAR-FETCHED MENTAL PSYCHO EXPLANATION AS TO WHY NEWT'S BEEN PUT UNDER A CONFUNDUS CHARM

I know it sounds stupid. That's because it IS stupid. BUT! IN MY DEFENCE! Bowtruckles are actually A LOT stronger than they look. They can gouge out your eyeballs :0 wow

Mental not to self: Don't get on Pickett's bad side.

Sorry for not posting for a while. My rank in #Newtina took quite a hard hit and dropped a long way, but I don't mind that much... this is my first fanfiction, so I'm super inexperienced anyways.

The next chapter will be out soon ;)