Chapter 11: Accio

Newt knocked on the door to the sisters' room and nervously slipped his hands into his pockets.

They'd had a delicious dinner not an hour earlier, and we're getting ready for bed.

The door creaked open a moment later and Tina popped her head around.

"Hello, Newton," She chirped, then held up something in her hand.

No... No...

"Where did you get that?" Asked Newt frantically as he swiped for his Muggle passport, clutched in Tina's hand.

She pulled it away.

"Queenie found it. She likes to snoop, she does," she answered, still grinning from ear to ear.

"Newton Artemis Fido Scamander," she mused, finally handing back his passport.

Newt felt red creeping up his neck, then he abandoned his original plan to ask Tina how the kitten was doing, and pulled his hand out of his pocket to reveal-

"Where did you get that?"

Tina's voice raised a notch and they both noticed it.

Newt smirked.

"You left it on the kitchen counter... Porpentina Esther Goldstein," he countered, as he waved her MACUSA ID card tantalisingly before her.

Newt dropped it into her open palm.

"Fine. So we're even," She said, beaming.

Newt grinned and met her gaze. Neither of them said anything for a couple of seconds.

"How's the kitten?" Asked Newt finally, breaking the silence. Tina stuttered for a moment.

"Uhh- good...excellent, actually. I moved her into the closet as soon as I arrived. Along with a bed and a couple squeaky toys."

Newt glanced backwards and slid his passport into his pocket. He'd have to find somewhere secure to keep it, if his shed was too easily accessed.

"Brilliant. I think that she's ready for tomorrow," said Newt.

"Thank you for doing that spell on the cupboard. It really helped," replied Tina quietly.

Newt pulled his gaze away from her and looked at the closet.

"No problem. Thank you for picking her up."

"Don't mention it."

Neither of them said anything. There didn't seem like anything to say. Newt and Tina stood there for what seemed like hours, and eventually, Newt looked back at her.

"I think I'll be going to bed now," he said, turning away from the door.

Tina had almost forgotten that it was Christmas Eve. She hesitated a moment before calling after him.

"Newt?"

He turned abruptly, almost hitting his head on the ceiling.

Tina leaned against the door frame and crossed her arms.

"Merry Christmas."

That seemed to snap something in him, as if he'd also forgotten it was Christmas Eve.

"Merry Christmas," he replied quietly, a hint of a smile on his face.

And when Tina glanced behind her for a split-second, then back again, he was gone.

<33

i love this chapter sm

Now that you know their intials...

NAFSxPEG (or should i say PES XDDDDD)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This chapter is called Accio because they found each other's passports/ID cards. So... they summoned them from another room or... idk. They found them, somehow... (I know some of Newt's secrets, but not all!) Might be a couple days before I can get the next chapter done :)

What do you guys think they'll get for Christmas? Will they get anything for Christmas? >:3

Newt smirked. haha. i don't even know what I'm saying anymore.