Chapter 4

***********************************

Chapter 4:

Zed

5-20-2250-210 A.D.D

When we ended the meeting with Kii-ea and the rest of the UN I was honestly very exited. How could I not be excited, now I wasn't that much of an outcast anymore, there were other aliens now.

Malaki, Hendrix and I haven't moved, but I felt both inching closer to me. Both were pressed against me. It was comforting.

I jumped up, making them fall together, bumping their heads.

"Guys! You know what this means!" My muscled are tensing and relaxing out of excitement.

"What?" They say at the same time. Both shivering at their own responses.

"Martians aren't the only aliens out there!I mean too bad they don't look like me but I mean! ALIENS GUYS!" I was fidgeting just standing here and Hendrix stood up.

"Go run it off, actually, I think will join you." At Hendrix words Malaki looked up at us both.

There was a look in his eyes I must have been reading wrong. Was it Jealousy?

There's no way. I shrugged off the feeling, stealing one last glance at laki.

"You should join us too laki, you love to hang out there." I tell him, peaking around the doorway slightly.

"Maybe another time ok, little one?" He turns back to the computer screen, not even looking at me while he blows us off. But my heart still skips a beat. He's never called me Little one before?

Hendrix and I got to the underground training track and went to the locker rooms.

We entered our Id numbers into the door, opening our private training room. This meant that unless it was Hendrix, Malaki, or I no one could come in. meaning we could train with no face masks.

I took no time shifting to my Martian form, watching silently as Hendrix shapeshift into a cheetah.

When he resembled a cheetah he keeps shifting, just slightly. He is mending the form to be thinner and have longer legs.

He started doing this when he was realized my speed came from my small and light Martian form, I was very aerodynamic.

I took off to the track, only to be followed shortly behind by Hendrix. He winked at me as he caught up, I smiled back softly, smirking at him. The speed meter clocked up at 100mph. Our max.

Or what Hendrix thinks our limit is.

"Catch me if you can, hendrix." He tilted his head not understanding.

I bolted at full speed, I knew I was challenging him, he didn't know that I had been training with my father's messengers. Martian's who were trained to run messages to other cities, they had to be faster than fast.

The large cheetahs' eyes bulged in his head as I took a running form, leaning slightly forward and using all four of my long Martian limbs to pull myself forward. I was touching 150 mph.

Hendrix and I loved running together, he was one of the only mutants who could keep up with Martians. But he hadn't been running with me in over a month. He's been busy with work.

He started to slowly but surely catch up with me, shifting his legs longer, more like my form. He mimicked my running style and I could tell he was struggling, so I slowed my pace to 120, and he was right next to me.