10

god i love this chapter so much <3 

...............

***Day before, after meeting***

*kii-ea p.o.v*

.>>>>>>5-28-2250-210 a.d.d.<<<<<( don't forget to Look at the dates ;P )

I decided to drive one of the earth rovers back. I could tell Malaki needed a break and I needed to get my people ready for tomorrow.

Malaki's form was slumped over, depressed. It just made me more upset with his sorry excuse for a father. I couldn't stand that piece of shit.

From what I heard over the last week form the boys was that Malaki and his dad were not close because Malaki refused to marry a woman, therefore his dad called him gay and told him not to come home at the age of 15.

I hate homophobes with a passion.

It made me very angry that Malaki's father could not see how brilliant his son was. Hes absolutely brilliant.

"Who is?" Malaki questions.

"What?" I reply, unsure of what he's referring to.

"Cookie, you literally just said, 'hes absolutely brilliant' like three second ago." I pale at his nickname for me. Cookie? I like it a lot actually.

"I can still see berlin, are we in range of radio com?" i ask him, avoiding the question.

"Probably." He mutters

"Talk to me over my system, refrane form nicknames till were home." I tell him.

I pull his hand to my helmet, hoping he gets the idea. He interfaces with the coms and camera in seconds.

"Home? Are you asking me to move in with you kii-ea?" I can hear the sarcasm in his voice but im mortified.

"No! I mean yes, you do already! I jus-" I hear him laugh to me and I get a sense he is forcing his happiness right now.

"cookie, I love living with you and the guys. I was teasing you, don't worry im aware of our platonic living arrangements that have a death penalty." Hes teasing me and laughing but I cant help the tinge of hurt in my heart. 

I am crushing hard on these three strong men. STOP IT KII-EA I tell myself.

When I yell that into my head I notice malaki body stiffen. I know I didn't say it out loud but his reaction makes it seem like he heard me.

I look down, unable to wipe the look of disappointment off my face, and I know he can see it. I need to change the subject again. I sigh.

"What I was saying before was that you are brilliant Malaki. I just want you to know that." I say openly.

"Nathan is a fool to treat you like that, it is uncalled for." I continue.

"he's always been like that." He mutters, and I know he's annoyed, but I hear the sadness too.

"When I was 13 my eldest brother died. He was 21 and with my mother on an exploration." I could see his form stiffen. I think I know what he's going to tell me next.

"He was in Madagascar. A ballistic missile hit the island center, no one expected it. My mother was on the ship and my brother and his team were in the center. My mother got a large piece of wood in her spine, She can't walk. My brother died." I want to puke.

I realize that his father killed his brother, and Malaki doesn't even know it. My whole body stiffened and honestly, I became very emotional. I saw my sight become blurry.