Chapter 15: Taken - Take 2

"Yuan, where are you taking me?" Fa Zhen asked from inside the red palanquin.

"Young Lady, the Crown Prince asked me to take you home," Yuan said.

"I was at home! You kidnapped me! I don't do well in these situations!" Fa Zhen yelled as she tried to free her hands, "You even tied me up!"

"His Highness... said to bring you at all cost."

"Did you have to tie me like some criminal?"

"Young Lady, you tried running away three times..." A sweat of impatience trickled down the side of Yuan's face. Had he place her nicely into the palanquin, she would have climbed out the opening. Had he tied only her hands, she would have used her legs to outrun him.

"Still... am I on my way to my execution?"

"Please don't joke like that, Young Lady. His Highness has tried to reason with you, but you wouldn't meet him when he came to Mo Manor."

"I just needed time to think. I didn't hear from him for weeks, and then heard from other people that he's been crowned to succeed the throne."

Yuan was about to counter her with information that Zhang Yun had forbade him from telling, so he closed the gap of his mouth in frustration.

"He said he didn't need the throne... as long as I was with him... such a liar."

Yuan couldn't hear Fa Zhen mumbling from inside. Once inside the royal palace and reaching the Crown Prince's extravagant residence, Yuan opened the palanquin's curtain to see the struggling Fa Zhen sitting now meekly.

"Young Lady-- I mean Noble Consort Mo, I will remove the rope." Lost in thought, Fa Zhen didn't hear him calling her Noble Consort.

He led her to huge courtyard and inside a bedchamber decorated with red drapes and a flat canopy bed with a silky, red blanket spread on top.

"Please wait here, Noble Consort Mo. His Highness will be here after, uh-- after the ceremony." Yuan closed the doors with a soft sound. Fa Zhen was left to wander around the spacious room.

"It looks like a wedding chamber for a newly wedded couple..." Fa Zhen said.

Another reason why she had been avoiding Zhang Yun was because he was going to be tied to another person. He was getting married that day to the Prime Minister's granddaughter, Yu Ruo. Although she had promised him, and he had promised her that the marriage would not come between them, it was hard for Fa Zhen to accept. Just thinking about having to share her life with a man who had obligations to impregnate another woman, to dote on another woman made Fa Zhen anxious. And a bit jealous.

She promptly sat down at the round table that had plenty of colorful desserts and sweet wine.

"Ha, he really prepared all the stuff Xiao Dan likes..."

But she wasn't Xiao Dan either. This made her heart sank even lower to the ground.

After an hour of doing nothing, Fa Zhen was bored staying in that room. Zhang Yun hadn't prepared anything in the room to read, look at, or do.

"Did Yuan put me in the wrong room? It's grand... and perhaps meant for the bride and groom?"

Uncertain, Fa Zhen went for the door to open it, but it only rattled and remained closed.

"Did he lock me in here?"

Forcefully pulling and pushing the door, Fa Zhen could hear the clinking of metal chains.

"That Zhang Yun really kidnapped me and locked me up! He's the worst!"

Suddenly the sound of a key being inserted into the lock from outside made Fa Zhen jumped. Taking a step back, Fa Zhen saw Zhang Yun dressed in a red groom's outfit entering the room. For a moment she thought he looked beautiful with his dark eyebrows and stern face looking at her with inquisition.

"Trying to escape?"

Her agitation arise again. She didn't want to look at him.

"Why are you here?" Fa Zhen crossed her arms.

"It's my room," he said like it was normal.

"No, I mean why are you here? Shouldn't you be with the Prime Minister's granddaughter or whatever."

"I spent the whole day with her. Now I'm going to spend the night with you."

Fa Zhen turned around, pointing at him, "You! Hmph!"

Ridiculous! He runs around with two women at his side. Who does he think he is? Damn it... He's the Crown Prince.

Two long arms reached around Fa Zhen's waist, pulling her back into warmth that somewhat cascaded over her fuming heart.

"Xiao Dan, you're really mad at me?"

"I'm not mad."

"You are. You're mad. When you heard I was getting married, you avoided me."

"It's because I was just trying to become adjusted."

"I told you it won't come in between us. You're the one I love."

Breaking free from him, she said, "But you're the Crown Prince now. You are obligated to her. I'm merely an accessory. And who knows how many more concubines you'd have to take."

Taking a hold of her hands, he comforted her, "I'm the Crown Prince. Once I become the Emperor, no one can say anything against me. I'll make you happy. Just the two of us."

With a sigh, Fa Zhen nodded after hearing his words.

"I thought you didn't need the throne. For me, you'd give it up..."

"What was that?"

"Uh, nothing. I'm going to sleep. You can go now." Fa Zhen raced for the bed. Zhang Yun took a step to block her.

"Why would I leave the room of my favored concubine?" He questioned her as he continued to take small steps, invading her space. Without seeing behind her, Fa Zhen fell onto the canopy bed.

Arms across her chest, Fa Zhen yelled, "What are you thinking of doing, Zhang Yun?"

Smiling mischievously, Zhang Yun took off his outer robe, which made the shy Fa Zhen closed her eyes tight.

Am I really going to sleep with a man after 50,000 years of being a virgin???

Peeking from one eye, Fa Zhen could only see darkness. Where did Zhang Yun go?

Two slender, pale fingers touched the red silk of the cloth over Fa Zhen's head. Lifting up the veil, Zhang Yun smiled at the confused Fa Zhen.

"We didn't have a wedding ceremony... but you're the bride I want."

Zhang Yun had placed a red cloth over Fa Zhen's head to imitate the removal of the bride's veil. Fa Zhen had mistakenly believed that Zhang Yun wanted to take advantage of her, except he had just wanted to show her his gesture of commitment to their love.

"You're such a prankster."

"Don't worry, the fun will start now."