Chapter 3

Jimin POV

Sitting quietly at my desk next to Taehyung, I bite my lip in frustration as I struggle with every single little concept of what we're learning in the classes. It drives me insane, knowing there was no chance of me being able to keep up to start with but still frustrated in not being able to do so.

I mean, hell I was locked up in the fucking hospital for four years. How the hell anyone thought it was an okay idea to stick me into the grade that, age wise, I should be in, I'm not entirely sure. Four fucking years that I've been out of school. I never got to finish my freshman year, and yet I'm sitting in a senior level class right now.

Huffing quietly to myself as I finally give up, I rest my elbows on the top of the desk and let my head fall into my hands. Closing my eyes, I force myself to take a couple deep breaths so that I can calm down. The last thing I need is for something to happen and get my ass sent straight back to the fucking mental hospital. I know perfectly well that if I get sent back this time, that I won't be getting out either.

Slowly feeling my frustration ease up just the smallest bit, I open my eyes again and pick my head back up along with my pencil. Pulling my notebook back closer to me, I flip to a new clean page, humming under my breath. Glancing up around the room without picking my head up any further than it already is, I decide upon drawing the side profile of the boy unfortunately assigned as my guide for around the school for the day.

Silencing myself once more, I purse my lips as slowly begin sketching, not wanting to mess up his delicate and sharp details. I have no idea if I'll get caught in the process of sketching him, but the last thing I need is for him to feel insulted by the drawing.

Thankfully, due to giving up on paying attention and instead calming myself down by sketching, the classes begin to pass by much quicker. I manage to just get in the last few lines in before the bell rings, dismissing us for lunch. I quickly shut the notebook, slipping it into my bag that's sat on the floor beside my chair before zipping the bag shut.

"Jimin? Could you come up here for a moment?" Ms. Song calls out just as I stand up. I feel my chest quickly tighten at the question, my anxiety suddenly rising as I feel I've somehow gotten myself into trouble. Biting my lip, I glance over at Taehyung, also somewhat worried of being left behind if I go speak with her. He just gives me a cute boxy smile though, motioning for me to go on ahead.

"Jungkook and I can wait for you, Jimin. There's no rush." He tells me in a gentle tone. Taking a deep breath, I nod my head in response before reluctantly going up to the front of the classroom and to her desk with my bag slung over my shoulder.

"Yes, Ms. Song?" I ask quietly, trying not to let my voice shake as I speak. She gives me a small smile as she looks up at me.

"How did you find today's lessons, Jimin? It seemed like you were having some trouble with everything we were going over." She questions in a gentle tone as well. I find it odd that she along with Taehyung have only used gentle tones with me, not even Taehyung acting or sounding overly excited or enthusiastic about anything. Although, the question scares me more than the frequency of people's gentleness towards me. I bite my inner cheek as I avert my gaze to the top of her desk, letting my gaze focus itself on a blank manila folder sat on the corner of it rather than answering.

"Jimin, it's okay if you're struggling. I just need to know if you are, so that I can get you some help. I don't want you to just sit in the back of the class and fail every assignment and exam passed out, solely because you don't understand what's going on during the lessons." Ms. Song informs me softly.

I take a deep breath, feeling the tears well up as my fear begins bubbling in my chest. I glance away from her completely, looking back towards the desk that I'd been sat in just a few minutes ago, but surprised to find Taehyung still sat in his with another boy sat in mine. For whatever reason, I feel myself grow mildly annoyed and frustrated by this point, disliking the fact that he's hanging happily around with another guy.

I mentally scold myself though, annoyed now with myself for getting jealous when there's nothing to be jealous over.

"I can get you some help, if you're willing, Jimin. We could have Taehyung tutor you. He's our top student and extremely kind as I'm sure you've already figured out. Though, I could always find someone else instead, if you don't feel comfortable with Tae being the one to help you?" She speaks up when she finally figures out that I'm not going to answer.

I lower my gaze from the two boys in back, shaking my head.

"I don't want to be a nuisance to him." I answer quietly. However, before I know it, she's calling Taehyung to come join us up front. He simply smiles and does as asked, soon standing at my side.

"Yes, Ms. Song?" Taehyung greets in a light tone as he looks between the two of us.

"Would you be willing to work with Jimin here to get him caught up to speed with what we're currently learning? It would need to be outside of school hours, but if you're willing, it'd be appreciated."