Chapter 20

Taehyung POV

When we finally reach Jimin's house, he just looks out the window at it with a frown. It's definitely a nice house, larger than mine for sure.

"Eomma?" I speak up, still needing to make sure that she'll be okay with what I'd discussed with Jimin beforehand.

"Yes, Tae?" She responds, turning in her seat to look back at us. Confusion takes over her face when she sees Jimin not moving an ounce to go inside, the frown on his face probably only befuddling her more.

"Would it be okay if Jimin stayed with us? His parents don't really seem to take good care of him... He doesn't particularly want to go inside or stay there." I ask softly, not wanting to upset Jimin or sound like I'm just trying to get more time with Jimin. He shifts next to me though, curling further into me as his eyes stay locked on the house outside of the car with his frown not moving.

"Honey, I'm sure they must be worried sick about him. I don't think they'd appreciate us taking their son away from them like that." Eomma says with a frown.

"They wouldn't know the difference if I were there or not. They're afraid of me and don't want to be anywhere near me anyways. They're already not expecting me home ever again since the hospital probably called them and told them I'd returned. It's as bad of a confinement in that house as it is in the hospital." Jimin speaks up, intervening into our conversation without removing his gaze from the white housing structure. I look back up to my mother with hopefulness, a tiny worried frown for Jimin on my lips. She too frowns at Jimin's statement worriedly.

"If it's truly not going to be a big deal to them and is going to be better for him to stay with us, then I'm fine with it. He's a sweet kid and the two of you are adorable together anyways. I just don't want to go off upsetting his parents because of it." Eomma responds with a small sigh.

"It'd be doing them a favor to not have to worry about me being around ever again." Jimin mutters sourly. I just give him a tiny smile, kissing the top of his head.

"Come on, baby. Let's get you inside and all packed up so that we can get going, okay? I don't imagine you wanna be here any longer than you have to be. Right?" I murmur softly in his ear. He just nods his head, reluctantly climbing out of the car before waiting for me to smile. I follow suit, climbing out and closing the door behind me before taking his hand in mine as he leads us up to the front door.

I just stay quiet as he opens the door and leads us inside, walking right in with me in tow. I notice his parents sat on the couches in their living room, heads snapping in our direction with wide fearful eyes when they see Jimin.

"Jimin, I thought you were back at the hospital?" His mother questions quietly, nervousness in her tone.

"Surprise." Jimin mutters bitterly in return as he shuts the door behind us before leading me over towards the stairs.

"Jimin, what are you doing holding hands with this boy? Who even is he?" His father questions next.

"Fuck off." Jimin grumbles, leading me up the stairs.

They fall silent once we get to the top of the stairs, clearly not wanting to shout for whatever reason. I bite my lip, being able to feel the tension all throughout the house as Jimin leads me to his bedroom.

Looking around it, I'm somehow not surprised by how organized and clean it is. For whatever odd reason, it just seems to suit him.

Closing the door behind me, Jimin begins to walk away. I catch his hand to stop him before he can get too far though, causing him to turn back to look at me curiously. I give him a small smile though, pulling him back to me gently. The curiosity in his eyes doesn't fade as he lets me bring him back closer to me, letting me gently wrap my arms around his waist as he looks up at me.

"I'm so glad you're gonna be coming and staying with me, Jiminie. You make me so happy and I'm so glad I get to call you mine, baby. I just wish I could make you feel better so that you wouldn't have to suffer ever again." I murmur softly before leaning down and pressing my lips against his plump ones. He hums softly against my lips, his movements seeming shy and unsure as he moves his lips in sync with mine. It occurs to me that this is actually our first real kiss, not just a little peck like the rest, and I try to make sure that I don't do something that could scare him or make him uncomfortable. I just let us move our lips together in time, rubbing my hands up and down his back gently in what I'm hoping is a comforting manner, before finally pulling away lightly.

"You make me just as happy, Tae. I'm just as lucky to have you." Jimin mumbles, nuzzling his head into chest shyly.