Chapter 10

Taehyung POV

Smiling to myself the next morning, I wake up to find Jimin still laid fast asleep in my arms. We hadn't originally fallen asleep like this, but I most certainly am not complaining. Though, my smile falters slightly as I reach out to turn my alarm off, remembering the fact that we've got to go to school today.

Biting my lip, I reach up and gently run my fingers through Jimin's hair, feeling just how soft and silky it is as I attempt to wake him up in the gentlest way possible. He hums softly, his nose scrunching up a little as a tiny smile takes over his face. I chuckle quietly at the sight, finding him absolutely adorable as I let my hand travel down a bit so as to rub his back gently.

"Jiminie, we've gotta get up. We've still got school to attend today." I whisper softly, reluctantly waking him up even though I'd highly prefer we just stay curled up together like this for the rest of the day. He groans quietly, moving around a bit before finally opening his eyes. Though, they widen by a significant amount when he realizes the position that we're in, quickly pulling away from me and sitting upright.

"I-I'm sorry, Tae. I didn't mean to." Jimin quickly apologizes, worry and frustration etched onto his forehead as he looks down at his hands that are now folded in his lap. I just smile up at him, reaching up to cup his cheek in order to get him to look at me in a gentle way.

"You don't have to apologize, Jiminie. It was actually quite comfortable and you were adorable really." I tell him softly, rubbing the pad of my thumb across his cheek lightly. His cheeks tint a light pink shade as he rubs the back of his neck shyly.

"Now, do you wanna get dressed in here or in the bathroom? If you wanna shower, you could always use mine." I offer with a smile. He bites his lip, staying quiet for a moment.

"Tae? I don't have any clothes to change into for today... And, I'd like to shower if that's okay, since we went to dance yesterday, even if it was for just a little bit." Jimin mumbles quietly, not looking up at me as he speaks.

"Well, I can always give you one of my shirts to wear, Jiminie. I don't think the pants thing is going to work though, considering I'm a bit taller, unless you were wanting some sweats. So, if you don't mind wearing the jeans you wore yesterday, then I've got you covered. And, of course you can shower, Jiminie. It's no big deal." I respond with a smile. He just bites his lip, cheeks warming lightly.

"Yeah, but... I don't know, Tae. Wouldn't that look like we're a couple since I'd be wearing your shirt?" Jimin asks shyly, hesitantly glancing up at me through his lashes. I purse my lips, shrugging as I think about what he's just pointed out.

I mean, naturally, I don't really care if he takes a shirt or not. Of course, I'd love to be dating him and to let everyone know he's mine, but that doesn't mean that's what's going to happen here. Jimin's still very shy and tentative, and I'm not entirely sure just how much he trusts me despite his having stayed the night. Though, that could also just purely be due to the fact that he's just a quiet and shy person in general.

I feel my own cheeks begin to turn red as I think about the possibility of asking him about it. About if he'd like to be in a relationship with me. Technically, it should make him more comfortable with wearing the shirt, but obviously nobody's going to date someone over something like that. But, the question he raises gives me a perfect opportunity to pose the question as well...

My only concern is that I don't want to scare him away. He's a really sweet guy, and I have absolutely no problems with being patient in waiting for him to be comfortable enough with me to explain his past. That's one of those things that people could be together for years and still never know the full past of a person. I just don't want him to feel like I'm coming on too strong for him or anything. I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable around me or like things are going to be weird. I don't want him to suddenly stop hanging around me simply because I asked him. But, at the same time, the longer I wait to ask, the more insane I feel like I'm going.

He really is so much more than what meets the eye, and I absolutely love that about him.

"Well, Jimin,... Would you like us to be a couple?"