Chapter 25

Jimin POV

As Tae's father storms out of the house with his things, I lift my head up a bit and look up at Tae. He's got a stunned look on his face as his gaze remains on the spot where his father had been standing just a few minutes ago. Biting my lip gently, I pull away from him and turn towards the table. Giving his mother a tiny supportive smile and a slight nod, I grab Tae's and my chopsticks and slip them into my back pocket before picking up the two bowls of food. Turning back over to Tae, I lean up on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek lightly, watching has he slowly drags his gaze away from the now empty location and looks down at me with a pained look.

I remain silently, merely motioning with my head for him to follow me. I don't know where the hell I've gotten any of this confidence, and I'm not entirely sure that I would call this confidence, but I certainly know that I want to help Tae and I want to be able to be strong enough to support him when he's going through a hard time just like he does for me.

He gives me the tiniest of smiles, looping his arm around my waist as he walks with me. Though, we stop for a second, Tae letting go of me to go over to his mother. I just stay silent and watch them as he goes and kisses her cheek.

"Thank you, Eomma. I love you." Tae whispers softly as he gives her a half hug. She gives him a tiny smile as she looks up at him, kissing his cheek as well.

"I love you too, Taehyung. I'm just sorry you had to be here for all of that." She tells him gently.

"Now go. You've got a brave and wonderful guy waiting to go take care of you, sweetheart." She adds with a small smile, averting her gaze over to me. I just give her a shy smile, shrugging lightly. Tae looks over at me with a small smile as well, nodding his head as he stands back up and walks back over to me. Kissing my cheek, he wraps his arm around my waist once more before we silently make our way upstairs. He seems to be in a slightly better mood than before, but still seems a little more reserved than usual.

Going upstairs, we go straight to his room before closing his door and climbing onto his bed. We sit next to each other on his bed and I set my bowl next to me, his on my lap after pulling out the chopsticks. We stay quiet the entire time as he simply lets me feed him. Though, at one point he takes my bowl from the other side of me, beginning to feed me occasionally as well. When we finally finish eating, Tae takes the bowls and sets them on his bedside table. He then pulls us to lay down before he curls himself into my side.

"Thank you, Jiminie. You really are so sweet and adorable, baby. I'm so proud of how you handled dinner and my father tonight. I'm so sorry that he hit you, Jiminie. You didn't deserve that one bit and it should've been me anyways, not you." Tae murmurs softly, pressing a kiss to my chest where his head is laid. I smile down at him, tangling my fingers into his hair gently as I begin playing with it.

"Anything for you, Tae. You deserve the best and I just wanna try to do that for you. You didn't deserve that hit anymore than I did, baby. I'm just glad that you didn't get hurt." I mumble shyly, trying to distract my attention to my playing with his hair rather than the conversation we're having. Though, we're soon interrupted when there's a small knock on the door before it's opened. We both look over in that direction, seeing Tae's mother stood there with a small smile.

"Jimin, sweetheart, can I talk to you for a moment?" She asks in a gentle tone. I glance down at Tae before nodding my head, climbing off his bed and following her out of the room and into the hallway. She leads me over to her bedroom, sitting down on the edge of the foot of her bed as she looks up at me with a small smile.

"Tae told me that you've got some things that you're trying to work through mentally right now. I understand the struggles that you're going through, as I had a friend when I was your age who struggled with the same things. I just wanted to let you know that you're definitely not alone, and you can always come to me for anything, sweetheart." She says softly as she keeps her gaze up on me. I bite my lip lightly as I avert my gaze to her carpeted flooring, simply nodding my head.

"I also wanted to tell you how proud I am and how grateful I am to you." She adds quietly, causing me to look up at her in confusion.

"Why? I didn't do anything special." I question, not quite understanding. She just smiles, shaking her head as she pats the spot beside her for me to sit down. Nervously, I gingerly take a seat beside her, still wondering what she's going on about now.

"You were very brave this evening with Taehyung's father at dinner. You didn't have to speak up on anyone's behalf. Not only did you handle your struggles well, but you stood up for my son. You did so well, and handled everything even better, Jimin. I couldn't be happier that Taehyung found you and ended up dating you. You truly are the sweetest person I've ever met that's been because of Tae's relations. Thank you for being so amazing to and for my son."