Chapter 17

Jimin POV

Feeling myself slowly begin to regain consciousness again, I can already feel a pounding in my head and my body in a mildly uncomfortable position. I also feel a pair of eyes on me, but I try to ignore that little piece of the puzzle as I try to force myself to wake up a bit more so that I can open my eyes. It takes about five tries before I'm finally able to lift my heavy lids, instantly regretting it though from the bright lights. Squeezing them back shit, it probably takes me another good minute or two before I can finally see properly.

I don't even need to sit myself upright though, to be able to know exactly where I'm at. I'm not dumb enough to be clueless as to why I'm so tired, knowing damn well they fucking drugged me up like hell, but I've yet to figure out why when they've already got me in a fucking straight jacket.

Huffing to myself in annoyance, I close my eyes once more and try to muster up the courage and motivation to bother figuring out why I feel a pair of eyes on me. Though, I don't have to wait long to get my answer, not even having to open my eyes again or sit upright to know.

"You're awake?" I hear his deep voice quietly speak up, cutting through the silence. I sigh to myself, not even wanting to know the thoughts running through his head right now.

"I'm sorry, Tae. I didn't want you to find out this way. I would've preferred you not find out at all, but I would've rather told you myself than for you to have found out this way." I apologize softly, knowing it probably means nothing to him now. Not when I'll be locked away here for the rest of my fucking life until I end up dying.

"How are you feeling?" He asks gently, avoiding what I've just said entirely. I don't exactly mind it though, somewhat grateful that he isn't immediately hung up on that.

"Like shit. They fucking doped me up to hell just to let you in here, Tae. I'm sorry if it's gonna bother you, but there's a low likelihood of me keeping my eyes open for most of this conversation, or sitting up for that matter." I mutter, a little bit of my frustration showing through in my voice. He doesn't speak up immediately after that, but I hear him move around a bit before I feel him close behind my head. Seconds later, I feel Tae lift my head, causing me to open my eyes begrudgingly in order to try and figure out what's going on before he lays it back down. Though, I quickly realize that he's moved just so that he could lay my head in his lap, and it shatters my heart that he's still being so kind and gentle and caring after all of this.

Tae just looks down at me with a tiny smile, brushing my hair back off my forehead a bit as I adjust the rest of my body so that I'm laid on my back with my head in his lap.

"This is why you didn't understand any of what I was trying to teach you last time, isn't it? Because you've not taken classes for four years now." He questions softly, looking down at me with such care in his eyes. It absolutely amazes me that he's still actually here, that he actually argued with the doctor to be able to get himself in here to see me. A guy who's known me for around a fucking week wants more to do with me than my own goddamn family even after finding out about how fucked up I am.

I don't verbally respond, but I nod my head, letting my eyes fall shut again.

"I didn't want to tell you. There was no light way of explaining that you wouldn't be able to teach me anything because the last thing I'd learned was four years ago in freshman year. No easy way to explain that I wouldn't be able to learn because I've not been in school for four years, but rather locked up in a damn hospital for that time instead." I inform him.

"I'm sorry for pushing you to learn, baby. I knew something was up, but not what, and I just wanted to help you." Tae murmurs softly. I force my eyes back open to look up at him, shaking my head.

"Do you really still want to be with me? After knowing what you know now about me?" I question quietly, not even having the energy to grow anxious over my question as I look up at him, trying not to let my eyes fall shut until I've gotten an answer. Tae tilts his head to the side though, an adorably confused look on his face.

"What do you mean, Jiminie?" He asks, running his fingers through my hair gently.

"You just called me 'baby', Tae. Are you just using that because you don't want to upset me and just add trying to be gentle since I'm all fucked up, or are you saying that because you actually want to still be with me?" I rephrase, letting my eyes fall shut again without an answer. I'm extremely tired already, just wanting to curl up with him rather than talk right now.

"Oh, Jiminie. Of course I still wanna be with you. You're not fucked up, baby. Mental illness or not, you're still my adorable, sweet and kind Jiminie. You're still my baby. That's not changing."