Chapter 6

Taehyung POV

"Are you ready to go, Jiminie?" I ask with a smile as we leave the classroom. He purses his lips but nods his head reluctantly.

"Don't really want to, but I don't have much a choice, now do I?" He mutters under his breath. I frown slightly at his comment, shaking my head.

"Hey, just think of it this way, Jimin. The sooner we get started on it, the easier classes will become and the sooner we can go dance!" I tell him, trying to cheer him up. He sighs quietly, shrugging his shoulders in response.

"The only thing I'm looking forward to is the dancing, Tae. And even that probably won't go well." Jimin responds quietly, running a hand through his hair. I frown even more though, rubbing his back gently.

"I'm sure you're a great dancer, Jimin." I tell him as I lead us out of the school and down the street towards my house.

"It's been four years since I've last danced, Taehyung. It's not going to go well. And I wouldn't expect the best results with this whole tutoring thing either." Jimin mutters, looking away from me. I frown, wishing I could just ask him about what's happened, but knowing I wouldn't get an answer.

"Why haven't you danced in so long then if you like it so much?" I ask hesitantly, not really expecting an answer but still hoping.

"I'd really rather not talk about that, Tae." He says, a tiny frown now dawning his lips too. I hum softly in return, finally taking my hand away from his back as we turn around a corner.

"I'm not gonna push you to tell me if you don't want to, Jiminie. But, you should know you can always talk to me about anything. You don't have to be afraid to tell me anything, Jimin." I inform him gently, giving him a small smile as he glances over at me.

"It's not that simple, Tae. You wouldn't understand and if I told you, you'd fucking run off like everyone else." Jimin responds, with a tiny frown. I bite my lip gently, reaching over and ruffling his hair lightly.

"I promise, I would never run away from you, Jimin. I actually really enjoy being around you and I don't plan on leaving you. You're my friend and I'm not abandoning you. I understand that you don't trust me yet, but when you do and when you're ready, you can tell me." I say gently, smiling as he looks back up at me. He takes a deep breath, biting his lip as he nods his head.

"Thank you, Tae." Jimin murmurs softly, leaning his head against my shoulder gently. I grin, proud that he seems to be slightly calmed down and ever so slowly beginning to trust me. I know it might be a bit of a process, but I'll do whatever it takes. Even if I had initially been kinda into him for his looks, it's clear that there's a lot more than what meets the eye, and I'm extremely intrigued to find out what all there is to him.

"You have a really nice house, Tae." Jimin mumbles quietly as we finally reach my house. I simply shrug, tossing an arm over his shoulder as I lead him up to my front door.

"Eh. It's nothing great." I respond, not overly impressed by my house as I open the door and hold it for him.

"I'm home, Eomma!" I call out as I shut the door behind us. Seconds later, my mother steps out from the kitchen with a smile on her face.

"Oh, that's right! I forgot you mentioned you were having a friend coming over. It's lovely to meet you, sweetheart." Eomma greets happily. Jimin gives her a shy smile, suddenly nudging his way closer into me.

"Hello, Mrs. Kim. It's nice to meet you as well. I'm Jimin." He murmurs out shyly. She chuckles, shaking her head at him.

"Please, Jimin. Just call me Eomma. Are you boys hungry? I've got some noodles made up already in preparation for dinner tonight, but I've certainly made too much." Eomma tells us as I lead Jimin to follow her into the kitchen.

I glance down at Jimin, waiting to see his reaction, but he seems to just grow nervous.

"No, that's okay. Thank you though." Jimin answers quietly, voice barely audible. I frown, mildly worried for him considering he hardly had anything to eat at lunch both yesterday and today.

"We'd love some, Eomma. You always make the best dishes." I say a little louder for her to hear. She just grins back at me, nodding as she grabs a couple bowls to start filling up. Jimin seems to panic even more though, pulling away from me as he looks up at me with wide eyes.

"It's okay, Jimin. You need to eat. You hardly had anything for lunch, and I don't want you starving yourself. Besides, you'll need the energy for when we go dance later."