Chapter 5

Jimin POV

Biting my lip the next morning as I pull myself out of bed, I reluctantly make my way over to my closet. Searching through the clothes hung, I soon pull out a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and a mustardy yellow colored long sleeve.

Humming softly to myself, I take the clothes with me into the bathroom that's right across the hall from my room. Setting them down, I quickly run the warm water and hop in the shower, cleaning myself up before getting dressed.

With nobody home this morning, just like yesterday, I decide upon skipping breakfast like usual. Instead, I run a hand through my hair and go right past the kitchen. Grabbing my bag from the corner of the living room by the front door, I sling it over my shoulder and exit the house, locking it up before heading down to the sidewalk that's in front of the house.

Sticking my earbuds into my ears, I listen to my music as I begin my walk to the school. I rest my hands in the pockets of my gray jacket as I go, wondering about how today is going to go. I hadn't even thought about the fact that I still don't really know my way around the high school, and no idea as to where to find Taehyung either.

I'm not exactly looking forward to having to get tutored, honestly. I hate the fact that it's only the second day and I'm already getting stuck in this, but it's even worse that it's Tae that's helping me. He seems like a really sweet guy, kind and helpful, but I don't want him to possibly see just how fucked up I am. My temper is still fairly on the short side, and my self hate is merely well hidden at this point. Neither of those work well together though, when I start to get frustrated. And when you mix that with my anxiety, it all just begins to go to hell. Honestly, I probably shouldn't have even been released from the hospital yet. They only released me because they thought I was actually doing okay and that I was actually in route to getting better. When, in reality, I've probably been getting a bit worse rather than better. I've only done a better job of hiding it.

Shaking my head to myself, I bite my lip lightly as I spot the school coming into view. I take a deep breath, not entirely sure how I'm going to be able to handle this as I reluctantly continue walking towards the building.

Though, I'm surprised when I grow near the building. As I walk up to the front doors, I spot Taehyung and Jungkook stood next to them as they talk.

"Hey, Jiminie! I totally forgot about the fact that I didn't really show you around yesterday, and didn't give you my number so that you could get ahold of me if you got lost. How's your morning so far?" Tae greets with a smile, slinging an arm over my shoulders as he and Jungkook lead me into the school building. I feel my cheeks warm lightly at his friendly actions, lowering my head a bit just out of pure shyness.

"Eh, it's been okay. Thank you for waiting for me." I tell him softly, reaching up to run a hand through my hair.

"Of course. I'd have felt terrible if you'd gotten all mixed up and lost this morning because I wasn't there for you." Tae responds with a smile, reaching up and ruffling my hair.

"It wouldn't have been a big deal, Tae. I'd have figured things out one way or another." I inform them quietly, chuckling softly at the feeling of having my hair ruffled. It's a soft and gentle feeling, a comforting and sweet one that I've not felt in a long time. It's odd having him do that to me now, but for whatever reason, I don't mind it.

"Oh my gosh, Jimin!" Jungkook squeals suddenly. I jump a bit, freezing as I look up at him with wide eyes.

"What?" I ask, feeling my breathing begin to grow irregular.

"That was the fucking cutest laugh ever, I can't!" Jungkook grins, glancing over at Tae. I too look over at him, watching as he merely shakes his head, giving the boy on the other side of me a slight glare. Jungkook just laughs at this though.

"Don't mind him, Jimin. Jungkook is just a weirdo sometimes." Tae mutters with an eye roll as he continues to lead me through the school, momentarily leaving his friend behind.

"Hey! You asshole, you're just as weird as me!" Jungkook yells before running to catch up with us. Taehyung just laughs lightly though, shaking his head at his friend.