Chapter 14

Taehyung POV

Looking over at Jimin, I watch as our teacher sets down a test on his desk next before moving on to the kid on the other side of him. Though, just as I'm about to look away and focus on my exam, I catch the terrified look on Jimin's face. I frown, returning my full attention to my boyfriend as he stares down at his exam with wide eyes, his hands beginning to shake ever so lightly.

I'm caught off guard when he simply stands up though, catching everyone's attention in the room. Eyes returning to a normal size but fear still in them, he picks up the exam and walks towards the front of the classroom as everyone watches him. I stand up as he sets the exam down on our teachers desk, worried for what he's doing next. The last thing I want is for him to be alone, yet Jimin merely sets the papers down on the desk before turning and walking out of the classroom. I manage to catch him take off running the moment he's outside of the classroom, and my eyes widen before I'm taking off running as well.

Forgetting all about my own exam to take along with my school bag and Jimin's notebook, I run out of the room and follow after him down the left side of the hall. I nearly lose him as he starts taking random turns, but I luck out as I round the corner of one of the halls just as I catch a door fall shut.

Recognizing the door to be one of the gym doors, I push myself to get there quickly, just in case he's planning to run straight through the gym and off again. Though, when I get there, I don't see Jimin running straight out the other side, yet the lights seem to be half on. Carefully opening the gym doors, I try to be as quiet as possible as I shut the door behind me, looking around in hopes of finding Jimin.

Stepping away from the door, I stick close to the open bleachers, wanting to try and find Jimin but unsure of why he would've come in here other than the fact that it's empty. Thankfully, I spot him in the center of the gym floor, hands tangled in his hair as he paces the floor. I just bite my lip lightly, worried for what's going through his mind. Though, he finally sighs after a couple of minutes, and I'm surprised when he pulls his phone out of his pocket, beginning to scroll through it.

I frown in confusion but keep myself hidden, wanting to know what he's trying to do before interrupting him. He continues surprising me as music begins to suddenly pour into the gym from his phone's speakers. Watching closely, I quickly figure out what he's doing as he sets the phone off to the side of the gym floor before going back to the center and beginning to dance along with it.

I move away from the bleachers slightly so as to get a better view, watching as his body moves along to the sound of his music. I'm completely mesmerized by his movements, his dancing extremely powerful and translating so much emotion. Just like at the dance studio, my eyes are locked on his figure the entire time, his dancing so fluid and powerful yet graceful. Every movement matches the song being played, driving me absolutely insane. He's so fucking talented and beautiful, yet it's so damn obvious that he doesn't see that. It only makes me want to show him more and more just how amazing he really is.

When the song finally ends, he's left stood in the middle of the gym floor, a tired and saddened look on his face as he stares down at the hardwood beneath his feet. Biting my lip once more, I finally come the entire way out of my hiding place and make my way over to him. He lifts his head partially as I walk over towards him, no embarrassment on his face as he purses his lips.

I just give him a small smile, finally reaching him. He looks up at me, not saying a single word as he does. Leaning down, I peck his lips gently before pulling away again, running my fingers through his hair and brushing it back off of his slightly sweaty forehead.

"You okay, baby?" I ask softly, continuing to brush his hair back off his face. He stays silent but nods his head.

"Are you sure? Jiminie, you ran out and didn't even write a single thing on your exam, baby. What's wrong?" I question in a gentle tone. He sighs, wrapping his arms around my waist as he takes a step forward before resting his head against my chest gently.

"I'm not good at school, Tae. Tests scare me and they're not worth my time when I can't even learn the material that it'll be over." Jimin whispers softly. I bite my lip once more, wishing I knew some way to be able to help him out. It breaks my heart that he feels this way and that the classes are so ridiculously hard for him.

"It'll get better, baby. It's okay. I'm here now, okay? I'll do what I can to help you. I promise."