Chapter 11

Jimin POV

My eyes widen, lips falling slack as I look up at Tae in utter surprise. The question completely throws me for a loop, not having expected that kind of response from him. I search his eyes, trying desperately to figure out if there's supposed to be any humor in that or not, but either he's masking it well or he truly is serious about the question.

Biting my lip, I drop my head as my mind goes blank, reaching up and scratching the back of my head in attempt to try and find something. Some way of answering that question despite my mind losing any and all information that it might've had stored inside of it.

Forcing myself to get over the initial shock of it though, I try to think it out realistically. I mean, technically, I've only known Tae for a few days now. I don't know a whole ton about him, but he certainly is one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. He's kind and clearly caring, sweet and oh so helpful and patient, surprisingly. I know for a fact that I've definitely never found someone as sweet as him, and his looks certainly don't hurt either. I can't lie and say I'm not surprised that he's not actually interested in girls, but I'm also definitely not complaining. My biggest concern would probably be the fact that he doesn't know much about me, though that's still very much my own fault, considering I'm afraid to let anyone in and know the real me anymore.

I am mildly concerned about the fact that I've only known him a few days and that I don't know a whole ton about him, but I'm also worried that I won't get another chance with him if I don't take the opportunity now. Though, it's not like he treats me poorly either. He treats me so sweetly and kindly and gently, and he really does seem to care about me despite hardly knowing me. I'm also worried that he'll run and hide the moment he finds out just how fucked up I am though too.

"Are you sure?" I ask quietly, glancing up at him with a mixture of shyness and nervousness. A tiny grin breaks out onto his face as he takes my hands in his.

"Only if you really want this, yes, Jiminie." Tae says softly, hopeful gaze landing on me. I feel my cheeks warm as I glance away once more.

"But you hardly know me? And... when you actually get to know the real me, you're not gonna be so happy with what you're dating." I mumble quietly, any sort of happiness that had been in me from the thought of possibly dating him just quickly going down the drain within seconds.

"Jimin, I'm only going to want to be with you more as I continue learning more about you. I understand that you're not comfortable enough with your past to be able to tell me that type of stuff yet, and I'm more than happy to be patient with you on that." Tae responds gently, reaching up and gently settling a hand on my cheek as he guides my face back up to look at him. I purse my lips, not entirely sure that he's going to like what he gets when he finally ends up with the truth, despite how much I want to believe him. Though, his words bring me comfort, and it manages to be enough to settle me down for the time being.

"Okay." I murmur quietly, looking up at him shyly. I can't help but giggle quietly as his grin just grows, spreading across his face as his eyes light up. It's the cutest and sweetest thing ever, and I love how adorably happy he seems to be from this.

"Really? You'll actually be my boyfriend?" Tae questions, excitement in his quiet voice as he finally sits upright alongside me. I just grin quietly, momentarily forgetting about all of my worries and concerns as his cuteness engulfs my entire attention.

Shyly nodding my head, it's only seconds before I'm attacked by the beautiful brunette, falling backwards onto my back as he wraps he arms around me and pulls me into a hug. I squeal in surprise, eyes widening with a small smile on my own face, before calming back down when I realize we aren't going to fall off the bed from his antics. Giggling softly, I look up at him with a tiny smile, enjoying just how happy and excited he is right now.