Chapter 24

Taehyung POV

Holding onto Jimin's hand, I fear for what's coming. I have no idea how he's going to react when he finally realizes I'm being completely serious. All I know is that I'm worried for how Jimin's going to handle this and that I'd highly prefer my father to just accept it.

"And who told you that it was acceptable for you to date a guy, Taehyung? How do you think that's going to make you look to everyone that knows you?" Appa finally speaks. I swallow hard, trying to ease the lump that's formed in my throat.

"I don't care what it makes others think of me and I don't need anyone's permission to date him." I respond, my voice a pitch higher than usual but still somehow remaining steady.

"Sweetheart, leave them alone. They're happy together and they're honestly adorable." Eomma speaks up softly. He snaps his head in her direction, glaring at her.

"This is not between you and him. Don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong." Appa snaps coldly, making me flinch.

"Appa, don't yell at her that way. She did nothing to deserve it and she has every right to cut in. She's still my mother and she's your wife." I add in, causing him to redirect his glare over at me.

"You, Taehyung, need to shut the fuck up. You're not in any place to be telling me what to do when you can't even sort your life out properly. It's a fucking embarrassment that you're dating a guy and it just makes you look pathetic and weak. It's an insult to my reputation that you think you can just date anyone as if it doesn't matter." Appa growls as he stands up. However, my head snaps to my side as Jimin stands from his seat as well. With his hand no longer holding mine and being hidden from the table, I can spot the slight shaking of his hands as he glares up at my father.

"You're the one that's a fucking embarrassment to your family and needs to shut the hell up. Not Taehyung. Not your wife. You. Him being in a relationship or not, should not fucking affect your goddamn reputation and your reputation shouldn't even be a consideration as to whether or not you can be okay and accepting of his relationship. Whether he's dating me or another guy or some chic doesn't fucking affect you in the slightest and you shouldn't give a damn either as long as whoever he's with makes him happy and treats him right. The only one here who is pathetic and weak, is you. Pathetic because you're putting a goddamn reputation over the importance of your sons happiness. Weak because you're putting yourself before your own son." Jimin snaps in a low tone.

His response surprises the hell out of me, not having expected him to be so suddenly confident.

Looking back over to my father, my concern grows as I see the look in his eyes darken. I merely sit here watching in fear as he stalks his way around the table to stand in front of Jimin. Though, I never would've guessed him to do what he does next.

I feel myself flinch as the sound of skin on skin quick contact echoes throughout the kitchen, my father's hand making sudden contact to Jimin's cheek. Within seconds, I'm stood up and pulling Jimin back away from the man I've always known to be my father, pulling him back into me and wrapping my arms around his waist. Turning him towards me as I pull him against me, I cradle his head gently against my chest as I now end up being the one to glare at my father.

"How dare you lay a hand on him. Jimin did nothing wrong. Everything he said was true anyways." I say lowly, holding Jimin tightly in order to try and protect him.

"Get out." Eomma suddenly speaks up, directing everyone's attention to her. She's just looking down at her food in front of her though, a blank look on her face.

"Excuse me?" Appa snarls. This time, Eomma lifts her head up, a dead glare in her eyes as she directs her gaze to the man I've always known her to consider her husband.

"Get. The fuck. Out. I will not have someone who's okay with hitting a child living in this household. Taehyung is happy with Jimin and they both treat each other very well. There's no reason for them not to be together and I'm not going to let you stay here, hitting them and ruining what they've got just because you feel threatened by them. Now go pack your shit and get out." Eomma elaborates in a steady but stern tone.

"Fine. I'll happily get the fuck out of here. I never wanted a goddamn son to begin with, and certainly not a fucked up one at that. Have fun trying to survive without me though, considering I'm the only one in the family that works around here. Good luck trying to get a job, bitch."