Chapter Twenty-Eight

After what felt like an hour of driving, which was only thirty minutes, they finally reached Taylor's apartment.

The rain poured even harder, making the raindrops fall even louder.

Taylor paid for the exact amount to the driver.
They thanked him, and quickly went to the apartment.

Luckily, there were no paps waiting for them. Making it easier to get inside.

As they entered the apartment, their heads were wet and their clothes had little droplets from the rain.

The security guard nodded towards Taylor, and Taylor gave him a small smile.

They went through the hallways, which was strangely quiet.

Taylor pressed the floor button on the elevator, and they were off to a lift.

Harry remained quiet, still shocked and angry from what happened earlier.
He was about to lean in, he was just an inch away from closing the gap between them. This time he'll tried to restrain himself, only of he could try.

"Hey, um Harry.." Taylor started softly, as the elevator landed on their floor.

Harry faced Taylor, as if he doesn't know what she was talking about.

"About what happened earlier.." She said, as they exited the elevator and walked through the hallways.

"I know, I'm sorry." Harry said, while looking down at the red carpet floor.

"You don't have to, it's also my fault." Taylor mumbled.

"Can I ask you a question?" Harry asked, breaking his gaze at the floor to look up at Taylor.

"What is it?" Taylor asked, as they finally reached her room.

"I'll ask you when we get settled." Harry replied, which made Taylor confused.

What was he asking about, that they still need to settle down?

Taylor unlocked the door with her room key, and gently opened the door to find Olivia lying beside the shoe rack letting her purrs fill the whole room.

"Sorry if it's a bit messy. I haven't cleaned today." Taylor said, and they both entered the room.

Harry placed his leather shoes at the shoe rack and so did Taylor.

"Make yourself at Home." Taylor gestured, and Harry nodded.

"This is Home." Harry muttered, and Taylor heard it clearly.

"Since when was this your home?" Taylor sighed, and Harry looked at her showing his dejected eyes.

Suddenly he regretted what he said, but Taylor was right. Since when did her apartment ever became home? And since when did he realized that Taylor was his home? Maybe he realized all of that a little too late.

Harry chose not to response, trying not to make the situation worse. He sat on the couch by the window, where he could see the empty streets and the windows covered in raindrops.

"Looks like the rain isn't stopping." Taylor said, and sat beside Harry where they were both facing the window.

"I don't have to stay if you don't want to." Harry shrugged, and Taylor rested her head on the window. Feeling the cold glass on her skin.

"It's alright, plus you paid for lunch today." Taylor said, not breaking her gaze on the window.

"Isn't Selena staying with you?" Harry asked, looking at Taylor with her weary blue eyes.

"I'm sure she wouldn't bother. You can stay at the guest's bedroom if you like." Taylor said finally looking at Harry's emerald green eyes.

All of this felt so wrong, and in the same time it felt right.
It felt wrong because, they were supposed to be exes.
Exes that don't mind each other, or doesn't care for each other. And it felt so right since, it felt like the old days.
The old days were they cuddle up in night, and have dates just like this.

Everything was all mixed emotions, it was an uncertain clarity. And Taylor tried her best to move on and forget their past, but even though months had passed why couldn't she?
That was the question that Taylor couldn't find the answer to, she tried to find the answer but in reality it was just right in front of her.

As for Harry, he didn't know why he wanted Taylor back in his life. He didn't know why he felt jealous everytime a guy flirts with her. But maybe, he realized that she was the one that got away. Maybe he realized that letting Taylor go was the biggest regret and mistake of his life.
But why did he Let Taylor go? Harry knew the very well answer to that.
It was his pride, his pride overwhelmed him and he thought that he had everything, but not even the most simplest thing he didn't had, and it's called love.

He was too curious to find out what other girls love like, and to that he lost one of the most valuable person that he never thought he had.

"So, what was the question you were going to ask?" Taylor asked, and fiddled with the soft corner of the pillow.

"Can you answer me truthfully?" Harry asked, and Taylor nodded. Making her even more curious what was he about to ask.

Harry cleared his throat nervously about what he was going to ask.

"So, about that almost-kiss earlier. I was about to lean in, didn't I?" Harry asked, giving a small smile to himself when he was about to land his lips on hers.

"You sure were." Taylor said, with a soft chuckle.

"Well, if you didn't want the kiss. Why didn't you pulled away?" Harry finally asked the question that was bothering him since that almost-kiss happened.

Taylor stopped fiddling with the pillow, and looked at Harry.

He seemed serious about this, and Taylor couldn't blame him. It was a good question but, Taylor couldn't find the answer to his question.
Why didn't she pulled away? Was it because she also wanted it?

"Maybe I-I froze on the spot. I mean, it was all of a sudden." Taylor said, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

Harry knew she was lying, her actions can speak for her. And he wanted to know the answer.

"I thought you said you're going to answer me truthfully? I know you're lying." Harry said, and Taylor still avoided eye contact.

Harry cupped her face, making Taylor finally look at him. He stroked her cheeks with his thumbs, causing Taylor to blush bright pink.

"Tell me." Harry said, a looking into her deep ocean blue eyes that seemed neverending.

"Maybe because I didn't want to pull away." Taylor admitted, her cheeks heating up from Harry's hand.

"So, what are you saying?" Harry said with a grin.

"Well, maybe I'm saying that I was actually expecting that kiss." Taylor replied.

"If I kiss you now, you wouldn't pull away?" Harry asked and leaned even more closer, that they could feel each other's breaths on their skin.

"Only if you do." Taylor whispered finally giving in, and Harry smirked.

He leaned closer, completely closing the gap between them, and landing his soft lips on hers.

The next chapter has a little surprise, it's actually a big one in fact.

Let me just say, that the surprise will be a little unexpected.

Love y'all xx

UNEDITED