9

"Fuck. We need to leave." Maddy screams.

"MAY! Run." Violet and Maddy both already ran of stage but I can't move. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. It can't happen. Not again. Please not. I just can't lose everything. Fuck.

"May." I hear another scream from Vio but the crowd pushes them away while I just stand there frozen on stage with the spotlight on me. But then suddenly someone grabs me, covers my mouth and drags me of stage. But I just can't move, I can't fight back. I have a panic attack but it makes me freeze. They got me and I can't do shit about it. Well everyone it was nice knowing y'all. I suddenly can't breath I just let whoever it is drag me away from all of the craziness that is going on until we suddenly stop.

"Maya. Hey. Maya look at me. Breath. Come on you can do it. Breath." I decide to do what the voice tells me to do. Breath.

"There ya go. Okay I need your help now. You need to climb that fence you think you can do that?" I just nod in reply. Someone lifts me up to help me climb it and then I lift myself up before I jump down on the other side.

"Come on let's go." But suddenly my mind gets clearer. Who is that person? I can't just go with some strangers. And my car?

"Why would I go with you? I don't even know you? Leave me alone. Where are we?" And I panic again.

"Hey look at me. Breath. It's me. Zane. I'm gonna get you out of her but you need to fucking breath right now because otherwise we'll need to head to the ER and they will ask questions and I think neither one of us can afford that right now?! Am I right?" Zane? Okay i am so confused now. But I somehow manage to breath before he picks me up again and drags me off.

"You hungry?" He asks me as we sit in his car.

"What is it with you and food at midnight?"

"The night makes everything better. Even food."

"I still have to get my car."

"We'll get it tomorrow morning. You don't want to go back there now trust me princess." And for whatever reason I do. I let him take me to Denny's where he orders a shit ton of food for himself. But I can't eat anything I'm still too much in shook that I could digest anything without throwing it up immediately.

"You seriously need to get a milkshake there're amazing. You're missing out."

"I know they're great. But I'm good for now. Thanks though."

"I didn't know you could dance."

"Thanks? I guess. What did you do out there anyway?"

"Well what did you do out there? That place isn't safe. Don't go there again." He finished all of his food and crossed his arms in front of his chest what makes his biceps look even better. Fuck. Stop thinking about that for a minute please. "Maya?"

"Well I was dancing. Nothing more. And you can't tell me what I can and what I can not do." Now I am the one crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"Oh hell I can. The seconds the cops came you fucking froze and didn't move at all. If it wasn't me dragging you out there they'd have caught you. And then you'd be in trouble."

"Yea but I'm here so everything is perfectly fine."

"Yea you're welcome. What was up with you anyway?"

"Nothing I just panicked." I can't tell him.

"Oh you think I believe that? Come on get a better story. So?"

"I'm sorry but I can't. Thanks for saving my ass though you didn't have to."

"Sure. So ever since when can you dance like this?"
He luckily doesn't push any further which I'm really glad for. Instead we talk for an eternity about school, our hobbies and I tell him all about my dancing career. And surprisingly he is a very good listener.