34

I wake up with a massive headache and my entire body feels stiff. I groan but slowly wait up in my bed. But with one glance around the room I quickly realize that I am not in my room. I'm trying to loosen my neck but can't help but wonder where the hell I am. This is not the suite Reed and I stayed at.

"You really thought I would let you sleep in the same room as my cousin?" A voice stops me from looking around the room. It's a wide room filled with a big bed I'm currently in, a desk, a bookshelf and several doors.

"Where are we?" I ask him in return.

"My house." I look up at him and his eyes are ice cold. His body is stiff and he doesn't look happy at all, but there is something else I see in his eyes, I've never seen before: fear.

"What happened?" I asked him referring to last night.

"Are you serious? You're asking me that? Maya you scared the living hell out of me. I thought you were dead for a second. I... I thought I lost you." He said it again, my name. He only does that when he's mad. And there it is. The puzzle piece I've been looking for this entire time. Last night: the fight, outside, Parker, pulling out a gun and my panic attack. I must've passed out because I don't remember anything after that. Oh my gosh. Is he hurt? Did he shoot him? I instantly scan his entire body for any signs of injuries. But he looks fine, worn out but no signs of any injuries.

"Princess?" His voice is so soft and filled with concern.

"I'm sorry. I... it was too much." With big steps he walks through the room and sits next to me.

"I lost my mind when you stopped breathing. Don't ever do this again. Please." I take his hand into mine.

"Hey I'm here and I'm fine now. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. And I'm not gonna leave you okay? I'm right here. I'll always be." And I mean it when I say it. He looks me straight in my eyes and for a second I think he's about to kiss me but a voice coming from somewhere in the house interrupts us. His walls fall and he's back to the old Zane.

"Here are some clothes, bathroom is that door. Just come downstairs whenever you're ready." He gives me a small smile before he walks out of the room.

To say I look like a mess would be the understatement of the century. I take a deep breath and hop in the shower and make myself look as presentable as possible. Zane gave me one of his black shirts, boxers and sweatpants. I tie my hair up in a messy bun and head downstairs. I didn't know what I expected but this is certainly not it. Zane's house is huge but beautiful. It's designed in a modern type of style. The appearance of a woman in the kitchen snaps me out of my gaze.

"Mais cétait quoi? Elle est ici, c'est pas assez pour toi?" She is gorgeous. Black curls are framing her petite body. She's wearing white loose jeans, a black blouse and heels. Wherever you'd see her she'd definitely catch your eye. But when she looks up at sees me standing in the door she smiles bright and her eyes are what captivate me. They are the same shade of green as Zane's.

"Mom stop."

"Bonjour j'suis Maya. Merci de me laisser rester ici pour la nuit. Je l'apprécie beaucoup."

"Oh quel Angel elle est. Tu ne m'as dit qu'elle parlait français."

"Yea because neither did I know." He responds. I didn't know his mom spoke French either. I've been fluent ever since I started school. Languages come easy to me.

"Oh dear would you be nicer to your guest?" Her English has a deep French accent. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm Alice. And don't worry about you staying here last night you're always more than welcome here." She goes over to Zane and kisses his cheek. "I am sorry, but I have to leave now. Ne fais rien de stupide and please take well care of my boy. I don't want him to get into any more trouble." She winks at me while she grabs her purse. "Je suppose que je te verrais ce soir?" Zane just nods his head as she leaves.