17

The second Zane and I leave (of course not before stuffing our faces with all the muffins and donuts we had) my mom luckily arrived. So currently we're sitting in Zane's sports car (did I mention he's driving a McLaren 570S Coupé? Sorry sucker for cars...) on the way to the arena.
"So Donovan?" I break the silence.

"Yea my mom named me after... ahem. Yea she named me. It means..."

"Dark warrior. I like that name. It suits you."

"Thanks Grace."

"How did you?"

"I always have my way princess." He winks at me.

"Nice car by the way."

"Thanks. Used to be my dads. He loved this car more than anything else I swear."

"So you just decided to steer?"

"Well what can I say. The car chose me not the other way around."

"Oh just like your hoe life then?"

"Ouch. You just always know how to hurt me hm?"

"Well. I see it. I like it. I want it. I got it."

"You're insane." One of drakes older songs comes on and I start to sing/rap along.

"So now what? The game doesn't start until 7:30 which means that they won't be here before 6:45 what makes me a loner for 1 1/2 hours."

"Oh shut up. Here sit down and watch. Be right back." We went into the arena and while he's getting ready for the game I'm sitting on the bench where the players usually sit during the game. Don't ask me how I ended up here.

"If that isn't Maya White." A voice suddenly snaps me out of my dream. A very familiar voice.

"Uncle Mel." I get up and hug him. "What are you doing here?"

"So I see you're still as oblivious as a decade ago."
He must've seen my confused eyes. "Darling I'm the coach of the ice hockey team."

"Oh Shit. Seriously? Oh that's why."

Okay let me tell you a little bit about Mel. Mel Pearson is my grandpas best friend. The two of them were best friends ever since they could crawl. So naturally he always came over to our place, him and his family joined us for holiday dinners etc. I always called him Uncle Mel even though he wasn't my real Uncle but you know it happens. Any-who for some strange reason (maybe my oblivion) I never questioned what he did for living until now.
"Oh Maya you are for sure something special. So I see you're supporting your boyfriend out here tonight? He's a really nice guy, could use someone like you in his life though."

"Black?" He nods. "Oh no no no no. We're not dating. Like ever. We're just friends and you know friends support each other."

"Yea tell that your grandma Darling." He gives me a
side-hug and ruffles my hair while he's laughing at me.

"Ugh why do you and Pops have to be so alike?"

"Oh little fighter you do not wanna know all the reasons for this."

We chat for a while during the warm up of the players. He tells me all about his family and his kids. He has two sons who are 24 and 21 and both in college playing ice hockey.

"Alright guys go and freshen up we'll meet out here in 10." Mel orders the guy. "Now it's your time to wish him good luck and give him your ribbon."

"Oh shut up. In what decade are you living?" My phone luckily saves me. "Sorry gotta get this one."
One Look on my phone tells me its Maddy.

"Hey bitch what's up?" I answer.