39

Have you ever had that moment before, whenever you're just sitting on a chair, with a cup of coffee in front of you and just staring off into nothing contemplating about life? Yeah that's me right now. I got up this morning and didn't know what to do, because I wouldn't have any practice until later this day, so I decided to go for a run, which was super long but fine. I mean as fine as running can be right? Well somehow I ended up at Starbucks, doing exactly nothing but staring at campus and eating my banana bread. No shit but I live for it.
Honestly life is crazy, like for example two days ago I didn't know what to do with my life anymore, just living day by day kinda thing and yesterday the guy who I really love and I kissed... again (okay properly this time and it was more of a heated make out session but you get what I mean right?) told me he loves me. I mean how weird is the world?
I would really want to know who created all of this, you know I feel like life is simply a game and there is someone playing with us as their token, pushing and pulling us wherever they want us to be. Okay, okay i know i sound ridiculous but that always happens when I drift off in my thoughts.
Oh but the reason why I'm so anxious today? Well Zane tells me he loves me, we make out, life is great, he then had to head back to practice and I went home and well the breaking point: I didn't hear back from him all day yesterday and neither today. So what if he regrets it? What if it was actually a bet? What if....

"Hey Princess."

"Holy fucking shit..." I yell out way too loud in the tiny shop and every single pair of eyes are on me, in either worry or annoyance. Ever single one but a specific green eyed pair. Instead Zane is plopping himself down next to me cracking up in tears. "You fucking scared me." I whine while he calms down. Or at least he tries.

"Jeez. You're face. That was so worth it."

"Ugh. I hate you sometimes."

"Nah you don't." He smirks at me and reaches out to take a sip of my coffee only to wince out as soon as he takes a sip. "How long have you been here for?"

"I don't know. Why?"

"Just wondering. Besides your coffee is cold. You okay though? You seemed a little off there." He grabs my hand and intertwines them.

"Yeah just thinking." I give him a small smile, suddenly feeling all the exhaustion from my long run this morning. Maybe it was not a bet after all?

"Let's Go."

"Where?"

"A secret." He tugs my hand and I follow him outside to his car, where he opens the door for me and let's me in, before closing it again. He turns on some music and I lean my head against the window, desperately trying not to fall asleep.

"My mom has been asking about you." Zane's voice brings me back into the car. His hand is on my thigh, lazily drawing some patterns with his thumb. I smile at the sight of it.

"She did?" I ask in surprise and he looks at me for a second giving me a big smile and a nod before focusing back on the roads.

"Yeah. She wants you to come back soon." I don't miss him rolling his eyes.

"Hey." I'm about to slap his chest but he catches my hand beforehand and just intertwines them placing them on his thigh. "At least she wants to spend time with me."

"Hey not fair." He pouts, what makes me giggle. "You know princess I'd spend every single minute of my life with you if i could. Mostly in my bed, naked..."

"Okay okay okay got it. Thanks for the input." I interrupt him. Too much for my virgin ears. Of course it's his turn now to laugh.

"We're here." He says not before lifting out intertwined fingers to his lips and kissing my hand. My turn to roll my eyes, ever since when so cheesy? More like cringy.