Kayla's Journal ⚫️⚫️

It is by sure chance that I am able to write this short journal entry.  I am compelled to put my thoughts down after discussing further the topic of Dragons with a Ranger of the eastern lands (who is now a close companion of mine). 

She tells me that she has seen many Dragons from afar and that the Rangers taught her many of their names. I find this fascinating as my teachers at the Towers of Ulmaka told me there were no Dragons in Lyborna, and were but a handful left in the eastern lands. 

What else are they not telling me?  (Do not add to Lexicon).   

The Ranger says they keep to themselves and rarely bother with the ways of common folk.  One of her teachers spoke with a Dragon once, but he has not discussed the conversation with her as it is too precious a gift to share.  How sweet! (Do not add to Lexicon). 

I understand this feeling.  I have often thought of my experience with the golden Dragon Arataas.  The only conversations we have had since that day are in my dreams.  What a fool I was to let the Dragon fly away without my true feelings known to him.  How majestic and noble he looked.  How I wanted to fly off with him to unknown lands.  I often wonder why I am so weak in so many ways. (Do not add to Lexicon).

I do not know why the Dragons choose to hide away...in solitude...in these wildlands of the east.  But I am starting to understand by watching this Ranger.  She dwells here in this post-war land because this is not only her home, but she has freedom.  Perhaps the Dragons just want to be left alone.

K.W.