Chapter 6: truth or dare

"ready to go?" taehyung ask as he sits on the table beside her.

"I am sorry, I forgot to tell you that I got something thing on, you go first." jennie said as she stuffs her textbooks inside her bag.

"aww, okay, give me a call when you end? I come to pick you up"

"I am not a kid" she deadpanned.

Taehyung laughed and she walked off.

***

"wow, jungkook studying? I must be dreaming" namjoon took off his sunglasses and smirk at him.

"back off, I don't have time for you now" jungkook move his book using his arm, back facing namjoon now.

"come on, if you are not going to entertain me, I am going to look for your little girlfriend" namjoon move over and sat on the table that jungkook is using.

"I have a lot, which one are you referring?" jungkook smirk at him.

He furrowed his brows and smirk back "the one that you can't get in her pants"

"fuck you" jungkook spit out.

He laughed and walk off.

***

"I am sorry for being late" jennie said as she places her bag down and sits beside jungkook.

"it's okay" jungkook replied while his eyes glued to his textbook.

"wow you are really serious about it" jennie chuckle.

"yeah, I prefer staying here because there is something I can't take away with me if I leave" he says as he looks deep into her eyes.

She looks away and coughs awkwardly.

"I am holding my birthday party this week after our last paper, if I invite you, would you come?" he turns and looks at her

She shook her head while highlighting her textbook.

"but that might be the last time you see me if I can't do well for the paper" he hung his head low.

She stops whatever she is doing and turns towards him.

"it's okay, I know you don't like party" he forced a smile.

"but I don't know your group of friends, it will be awkward if I go"

"if you feel awkward, you can bring chaeyoung along or --" he stops for a moment and continue

"him"

***

That day after their last paper, jennie texted jungkook to ask if the paper was easy to him.

Jungkook: you ignore me when I smile to you just now and I thought I make you angry again

Jennie: I am sorry because taehyung was there.

Jungkook:  it's fine

Jungkook: the paper was manageable I guess?

***

"I want to thank everyone for coming to the party, although I held birthday party every year, this year is very different for me"  he smiles and glances at jennie before continuing  " I hope you guys enjoy"

Jennie was awkwardly sitting with his group of friends and chaeyoung while jungkook was on another side entertaining his other group of friends with his arm on a girl's waist and wine on the other hand.