Chapter 14: break up

"there she is, look look look"

"she used to be my ideal type but now she's just a cheater"

"I bet she got all her perfect result from cheating"

"she used to be my role model"

"ew why is she with my jungkook, cheater"

Walking along the corridor,  jennie heard all the small talks that were talking about her.

Closing her eyes shut, hoping that nothing gets in her but jungkook's sudden voice make her open her eyes wide.

"if I heard anymore nasty things you guys say about her, I will rip you guys apart. Don't believe you guys can try me" jungkook shouted and everyone's attention turn to him.

"she is mine" he put his hand over at her shoulder, pushing her closer to him.

jennie widen her eyes, still shocked by what he has said.

---

"explain yourself!" taehyung shouted and slam Jennie's table.

"I guess I got to face it now then" jennie mutter under her breath.

"what?! I can't hear you" he furrows his brows.

"break up, I want to break up" she sigh.

"WHAT?! you don't even bother to explain?" he frowns.

"there is nothing I can explain, what you see is true" she started packing her stuff.

"how can you act like you did nothing wrong?!" taehyung hold her chin up to make her look at him.

"ouch!" jennie slap his hand off her and look away.

"you also act like you did nothing wrong isn't it?" jennie snapped back.

"what?" he frowns again.

"I already know that you know and you are the one that threatens jungkook" she sigh.

"WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT IT?" he widens his eyes. 

jennie didn't reply and continue packing her stuff, wanting to leave.

"I can explain" he held onto her wrist to stop her from packing and get her attention.

"you said before that you wanted to protect me, is this your way of protecting?" she scoffed furiously, angry tears threaten to spill but jennie forcibly blinked them back, refusing to cry.

jennie step away from him.

"I really wanted to protect you, I ---"

"then what isit like" she demanded. Taehyung took a cautious step towards her but she stuck her palm out and shook her head, stopping him in his tracks.

"I really just wanted to protect you " he repeated but she was just so angry. She didn't let him talk and stormed up to him, furious and shaking.

He opened his mouth, wanted to protest again but she cut him off.

"break up, I want to break up" she cried out and shoved his chest. He stumbled back but didn't fall. "never appear in front of me anymore"

She shoved him again.

before taehyung can reach her again, his phone vibrate. He took out his phone to have a glance before sliding it back to his pocket. When he looked up, jennie wasn't there anymore.

---

The next morning, 

walking down the corridor, jennie tries to avoid all the little stares and glares that everyone is giving her while she walks pass them.

"I heard taehyung transfer out, do you think is because of her?"

"shh, you are going to die if jungkook heard what you've said"

"such a slut isn't it, change guy faster than I change my clothes"

"shhh" the girl slap on her friend's arm.

"do you even change your clothes?" jungkook reply from the back, raising an eyebrow.

both of them swallow thickly, dont dare to turn their back to face jungkook.

jungkook slowly walk to the front with one of his hand in his pocket.

He uses his free hand to grip onto the girl's chin tightly, making her look at him while he stares deep into her soul.

"watch your mouth else I am going to---" before he could finish his sentence, he stopped as he saw jennie walk pass them in the corner of his eyes.

He quickly let go of her and chase after jennie.

"wait" he hold onto her wrist to make her slow down her pace.

"don't" Jennie look around and twist her hand off his grip.

jungkook follow her direction and look around, those people that were gossiping immediately stop and walk away after making eye contact with jungkook.

"why are you avoiding me?" jungkook grab onto her wrist.

jennie look away, having eye contact with him.

"is it because taehyung?" he unknowingly tightens his grip.

jennie wince in pain and he instantly let go of her.

"I am sorry" he stutters, running his hands through his hair and over his face.

She rubs the arm where he left a red mark.

"can you don't avoid me?" his voice was more like pleading rather than demanding.

"can't you see the situation now? being with me will only be the topic for the students to gossip and I don't want to get you involve in it because of me" jennie sigh and look down.

"I would rather be the topic of their gossips than you ignoring me" jungkook gently held up her chin to make her look at him.

"you would regret it after you've got bored of me" jennie muttered under her breath.

"what you say?" jungkook raise an eyebrow and lean closer to her.

"nothing" she replies coldly.

"please stop ignoring me, I can't take it" he practically whined and held jennie tighter together while rocking side to side.

jennie can't help but smile.