the bad news

amayarosevega
📍miami beach

♡ kendalljenner and 983,763 others likedamayarosevega raise your hand if you want me to release sneak peeks of my new swimwear line 😊

kendalljenner and 983,763 others liked
amayarosevega raise your hand if you want me to release sneak peeks of my new swimwear line 😊

load more comments

catgiraldo me me me definitely me
kendalljenner we love a fashion designer/model combo
user176 wow is there anything she can't do?
——amayarosevega sing. i am tone deaf.
user47 body goals omg
diaryofafitmommyofficial me!!!!
alessiacara ME PLS

after the met gala, things were super crazy. penelope gave me a few days of to fly down to miami to see my mom and abuela. i needed this break from my hectic life so badly.
"you okay baby?" my mom said, handing me my cup of tea, then taking a seat next to me.
i gave her a smile and nodded, "yes, just so happy to be here with you and abuela. i wish i could do this more often."
she leaned into me slightly and smiled. "you're living your dream, making a name for yourself."
i sighed, taking a sip of my tea, "i know. just miss you guys that's all."
"we're always here when ever you want to drop by okay" she looked at me expectantly.

i just smiled and nodded.

"so tell me about the met gala," she squealed excitedly.
i proceeded to tell her everything, including shawn and our distaste for each other. she listened intently, occasionally throwing in some of her thoughts and opinions.
my mom was my best friend. she had me when she was 18, and so that definitely helped our bond. when my dad found out she was pregnant he immediately walked out; claimed he was too young and definitely not ready to have a baby or start a family. my abuela was disappointed in my mom at first, but pushed that aside to support her, and help her raise me. we never came from a lot of money, but the two always made sure i had everything i could ever need, and more.
for years, i wanted nothing to do with my father. i didn't want to know who he was, didn't want to see his face, nothing. it wasn't until recently that i was itching to try and see what his life was like now. did he have a wife? kids? was he happy? a meth dealer?
i hired a private investigator to look into helping me find him. about a few weeks before the met gala, my pi reached out to me with an address. an address that i'm assuming was my fathers. he lived in los angeles, merely fifteen minutes from my apartment. i had typed that address into google maps millions of times, staring at the blue path that led me to him, but i couldn't bring myself to go. i could never let my mom know that i was looking for him. she wouldn't be mad, i know that. but i couldn't put her through the pain of being reminded of him again. abuela told me she was miserable for weeks after he left. i hated him for putting her through that. which is why, i had no intention of introducing myself to him. i didn't want to build any sort of relationship with him. i just wanted to answer a few of my curious questions about him.
"i still think you should give shawn a try," my mom shrugged, "you never know. i know the boys in my class always tease the girls when they like them."