honk honk vroom vroom

~a~

shawn and i were currently on our way to the anderson paak concert. his friends were meeting us there apparently. it was going to be brian, ian, and jon, whom i knew of and met, but also mike and matt and his girlfriend megan.

"you know my friends are super excited to meet you," shawn smiled over at me, as he pulled into the arena parking lot.

"really?" i was kind of shocked at the statement because this meant shawn talked about me with his friends. it also made me wonder if they knew that this wasn't real or not.

he nodded, and took a quick glance in my direction, allowing me to notice the smile on his face. "they actually think you're the coolest person ever since ian and brian have majorly hyped you up."

a giggle escaped my lips remembering the day i met ian and brian.

within a few minutes we had pulled into the vip parking lot and were headed inside the stadium. hundreds of people had already noticed shawn and began taking photos and videos of us as we were escorted in by security.
before heading to our seats, shawn bought us both a beer, and a pretzel to share. we of course got millions of stares as we walked down the aisle to our vip section, making me slightly uneasy. i understood that it was hard for shawn to get a seat in a normal section without being bombarded, but i also hated the idea of all this attention being on us right now.
in the distance i could see a rowdy group of boys waving shawn down.
"mendes!!!!!!!," ian yelled as we walked past the guards blocking the section off.
one by one the boys embraced shawn in a hug, making me smile. it was so cute to see all his hometown friends still loved him the same.

"amaya! my girl," brian chuckled as he saw shawn's interest spark in our conversation just as brian said that.
"hey bri," i walked over to him embracing him in a hug.
"ian wants some love too," he grinned, pulling me in for a hug as well.
shawn then went around the group introducing me to everyone as they all greeted me with a warm smile.

the entire night he and his friends were scream singing and dancing around like a bunch of weirdos, but i loved it. i had come to realize that one of my favorite things when hanging out with shawn was seeing him extremely happy and extremely carefree. that's exactly what he was tonight. he didn't care that out of the corner of our eyes we could see fans snapping pictures and videos of him. he just continued to be there in his own little world, not letting anything bother him.
as the last song of the night began, megan and i were just walking back from getting another round of beers. shawn and i made instant eye contact as we walked into our section and he began making his way over to me.

"here ya go," i smiled, handing him his beer.

"thanks hunny," he returned the smile, taking the second beer out of my hand.

he now stood behind me, his arms wrapped around me as the two of us swayed to the music, bopping our heads.
i felt his lips next to my ear, his warm breath tickling me. "i'm really happy right now," he yelled loud enough that only i could hear.
craning my neck to the side, i stared at him as he stared back at me. "me too," i mouthed.
we continued to stare at each other, lost in a trance. it took so much in me to not kiss him right there and then. but i knew if i did, i'd have some explaining to do. shawn and i never kissed each other unless we knew eyes were on us, watching us be a couple. two of his best friends knew this was fake, and the others weren't even paying attention to us.
shawn was suddenly pulled back away from our embrace by brian as the boys began scream singing to each other again.
as much as i hated that our moment was interrupted, i couldn't help but laugh at the sight in front of me.

-

as the concert came to an end, we all found ourselves chatting in the parking lot.

"you have to tell me when you're line is released because i am in love with all the designs you've teased so far," megan squealed, holding my hands in hers.