friends kiss

shawnmendes

♡ amayarosevega and 2,997,975 likesshawnmendes performing at the #grammys so excited! @recordingacademy

amayarosevega and 2,997,975 likes
shawnmendes performing at the #grammys so excited! @recordingacademy

load more comments

user71 YAY THATS OUR BOY
camilacabello so proud canada!
charlieputh that's my man!!!!!!!!
user7164 baby i love u
amayarosevega so proud of u ❤️
—— user97 mom supporting dad
mileycyrus ❤️
matthewespinosa congrats brother! excited to watch u kill it🔥
teddygeiger for a sec i thought you won 61 grammys and i was like "yo where have i been?!?!"

we had been rehearsing non stop all day for the grammy's and i was nervous and exhausted, but incredibly excited.

amaya and i had been in the public eye for about three weeks now. andrew and penelope had called a meeting for later this afternoon to go over how amaya and i would officially be announcing our "relationship" at the awards. i hated that such a big night of my life was most likely going to be overshadowed by this.

and of course, i couldn't let this anger out on andrew, so my jackass self let it out on amaya for the whole day.
when i arrived at andrews office where our meeting was going to be, amaya gave me a soft smile and greeted me, but all i did was stare blankly at her. just looking at her reminded me of how angry i was with all of this.

i watched as her smile faltered slightly, and a blank emotion took over her face.

"so let's get started," andrew clapped his hands, "you two have been doing such a great job at getting the media to talk about you, and now that the grammys are a few days away i think it's time we start prepping for your official debut as a couple."

i let out a low groan, realizing this was only the beginning of a long publicity stunt. i was sure no one heard me but i saw amaya glance at me.

andrew let out an awkward cough before continuing, "so like we told you guys, if shawn wins either of his awards you'll celebrate by sharing a kiss on screen."

"and of course if any of the interviewers ask about your relationship, you confirm and share the details on how you spent tons of time together after your appearance at the met gala." penelope continued.

andrew began fiddling with his hands so i knew he was about to tell us something bad. "you guys should spend some time together today to practice a kiss off screen before you share one at the awards so it doesn't look awkward or staged," he stated.

i just shook my head, unable to process. i was fuming, and so the only thing i thought to do was storm out of the office.
in the background i heard amaya speak to andrew and penelope, "i'll go get him."

like an angry toddler i just stormed down the hallway and pushed open the door to a random conference room. i began running my hands through my hair trying to calm myself down, but no matter what i did i was fuming. i didn't sign up to be living my life like this. all i wanted to do was make music, so why did i have to do this shit to make that possible.

"shawn?" amaya's voice called out as she pushed open the door to the room.

"go away amaya i'm not in the mood for you," i snapped at her, rolling my eyes.

she then let out a scoff, and fully entered the room. "what the fuck is your problem today? get the stick out of your ass and use your words instead of storming off like a child," she sassed me.

who the fuck did this girl think she was. i began laughing dryly. "use my words? ya? here are my words; i don't want to do this anymore. i hate that the biggest night of my career is going to be overshadowed by the headlines of me getting a girlfriend, it's fucked up and unfair and i'm so over this and so over you and all of this," i yelled at her.
for a moment she looked extremely taken back and i could've swore i saw a hint of hurt in her eyes. for a moment i felt bad, but she was the one who told me to use my words.

"you're kidding me right?" she began, "you think i like this any better? you think that i want to walk into meetings about launching my swimwear line, something that i have been actually dreaming of doing my entire life, only to find out that the investors are interested in my rumored boyfriend more than me and my hard fucking work?! i am sorry that this night is most likely going to be overshadowed by us becoming a couple, but do not fucking let that anger out on me because whether you want to admit it or not shawn we are on the same fucking side. if maybe you'd get your head out of your ass for more than 2 seconds you'd see that i hate this just as much as you do." her voice cracked as she finished, and her eyes began watering as she was heavy breathing from screaming at me.

i took a moment to take in her words and realized that she was actually right and i was being a major dick for no reason right now. "god please don't cry i'm sorry," i began, making my way over to her.

she shook her head and took a step back, "i'm fine seriously. i cry when i'm really angry," she laughed lightly, wiping her eyes.

i bit my lip and looked at her, letting out a sigh. "i am sorry though, you're right. i'm projecting my annoyance about all of this onto you and that's fucked up."

she gave me a soft smile, shaking her head, "it's fine. i think we've both been doing that honestly, and it's not fair to either of us." she started, "but i meant what i said shawn, we're on the same side."

i pursed my lips before nodding, "i know," i sighed, "maybe we should try actually trying to be friends instead? it might make this suck a little less," i laughed slightly.

she raised her eyebrows at me, "you really think you could do that mendes?" she challenged me
playfully, "no more dropping me off in the middle of no where forcing me to take an expensive ass uber home?"

i laughed, remembering the day i did that. it was actually kind of funny seeing her all worked up, but i do admit it was a dick move.  "never again i promise."

she smiled at me, tilting her head slightly, "well this'll be interesting. us actually trying to be friends."

i chuckled before biting my lip, "maybe we should start by practicing that kiss?" i awkwardly suggested. the moment the words came out of my mouth though, i immediately regretted it.

a smirk appeared on amaya's face, "you kiss all your friends mendes?"

i playfully rolled my eyes before walking over to her, "shut up." i muttered.
i walked closer to her, closing the space between us. noticing her start to look nervous, it was now my turn to smirk, "come on, it's just a practice kiss. it obviously means nothing to either of us."

"r-right yeah," she mumbled.

i stared into her eyes as she stared at mine. behind my cool guy persona right now though, i was slightly nervous. i don't know why though.
my eyes flickered down to her lips and back up to her eyes as i leaned in closer. we were millimeters away from each other's lips right now. i could feel her breath on me. it was staggered.
i placed my hand on her cheek and closed the gap between our lips, feeling her soft plump lips connect with mine.

our kiss was soft, and gentle. instead of pulling away after a few seconds though, we continued kissing. what started as a gentle, intimate kiss, starting getting a little more intense and heated. her arms found there way around my neck, and my hands grabbed onto her waist and pulled her closer to me.
i don't know what was going on with me, but i knew i didn't want this kiss to ever end. i hated admitting it, but this was hot, and amaya was an incredible kisser. just as she began running her hands through the hair at the nape of my neck, the door to the conference room swung open, causing the two of us to pull apart.
"shit," amaya mumbled.
we both stared into the eyes of our smirking managers standing by the door, arms crossed, very obviously amused by the sight of their two clients who "hate each other" making out.

———
wowowowowow im. on. a. roll. with these updates. i love me (: anyways, let me know what u beans think xo.
kendall