caught the feels

hello lovelies, my question for todays chapter issssssss:

whats your dream way of meeting shawn?
----------

"amaya-"

"are you fucking kidding me shawn?" i spat out angrily, "was i so fucking intolerable that you had to go cheat on me in a fake relationship? do you know how pathetic i now look to the world?!"

his facial expressions didnt falter no matter how many curse words i threw at him.

"please just let me explain amaya, it's not what it looks like!" he pleaded.

i took in a sharp breath and raised my eyebrows, "you have 5 minutes."

"if whoever took that video had recorded what happened before or after you would've seen that i immediately pushed her off of me amaya. she was a fan, a crazy one at that," he sighed, "she was at the first bar we got to and obviously i took a few pictures with her and then she sort of just inserted her self within the group and i didn't want to be rude so no one really paid much attention to her, but we also didn't ask her to leave. brian suggested we go to another club to try and get away from her because she was starting to make us all uncomfortable, so we left." he began rubbing circles on his temples, "she ended up following us there and that when i decided i needed to tell her to leave because this was a violation of my personal space. thats when she literally just started throwing herself on me and trying to get me to kiss her or whatever. im surprised there isnt a video of this out there somewhere but i swear amaya security had escorted her out and andrews working on some sort of restraining order right now."

i took a moment to look his disheveled face through the screen. he had bags under his eyes and looked like he hadn't slept a wink all night.

"i promise you maya, fake or not, i would never in a million years do anything to hurt you." he let out a shaky breath.

"i believe you," i whispered, "and im sorry.. its just--god," i let out a shaky breath. "ive been so stressed and worn out these past couple of days and then to wake up and find out that everyone in the world now viewed me as the girl shawn mendes cheated on was so fucking embarrassing." i tried to hold back the tears that was threatening to spill, "i felt so stupid because i really thought we were best friends and it hurt so much thinking you did something as stupid as go and fake cheat on me."

"honey, please dont cry," shawn pleaded. "i am so sorry that you felt like that, but please believe me that id never do anything to ever hurt you. you are my best friend amaya." he smiled at me, "i dont think ive ever met anyone like you in my entire life. someone who tells me what i need to hear instead of what i want to hear. i love.." he hesitated making my heart race insanely, "..i love spending time with you and i would never do anything to jeopardize this okay?"

i nodded, still completely distracted by the fact that i thought he was about to tell me he loved me... sure it probably would've been in a friendly way, but the thought still lingered in my mind.

"can you please fly up to toronto?" he pouted.

i let out a small laugh, "i really dont know if i can shawn. im swamped with work right now and i just took off last week."

he sighed, the frown not leaving his lips. "but i miss you so damn much, aaliyah has a formal this weekend and i know she'd love it if you came, and my parents will not stop asking me about you!"

my heart swelled hearing how much his family liked me.

"ill talk to penelope and see what i can do ok? no promises though."

in an instant his frown turned into a massive grin, "that's better than nothing."

i laughed at his instant mood lift.

"ok i'm gonna go call her now. ill text you!" i smiled.

he smiled and nodded, showing off his perfect teeth. "bye honey"

i hung up the face time and almost instantly had a call coming in from penelope.

"speak of the devil," i mumbled before picking up. "hey pen!"

"hi darling," she beamed back, "i'm sure you've seen the gossip sites?"

i nodded, then realizing she couldn't see me i shook my head at my stupidity, "yes ma'am"

"you dont seem upset so im assuming shawn called and explained?"

"yeah, you dont seem upset either so im assuming andrew called and explained?" i laughed.

"yes and we think you should go up to toronto for the rest of the weekend hes there to clear this whole thing up," she stated.

i internally laughed because that was the exact reason i called her.

"i think thats a good idea!"

"perfect, ill send you your flight details in a bit," i heard her shuffling papers around, "i also think this kind of helped us a bit with the breakup. the media already thinks you guys are on a rocky patch because of this scandal so when the stunt ends in a month or two when shawn starts tour rehearsals it'll be believable."

i dont know why, but hearing about our breakup made my heart sink. i loved spending time with shawn and knowing that that was going to come to and end soon hurt.

"oh yeah that true," i responded glumly.

"okay anyways, start packing. i'll send your itinerary over shortly. bye hun!"

as i hung up the phone i sat there for a moment just thinking about the past 20 minutes.

i found myself thinking back to the little outburst i had. why did i get so jealous? i then scoffed to myself because i knew exactly why. i think this entire time, i was i denial of whatever feelings i had towards shawn. at first i was convinced it was because he had been there for me the past few weeks, but then i slowly started to realize it was more than that.

i like him alot. but i was scared, no, terrified to ever tell him that. there was so many different reasons; rejection being the biggest. i would never want to ruin the friendship that we've built.

plus the stunt was going to end soon and there was absolutely no way we would be able to date forreal after.

i let out a deep breath, overwhelmed by my thoughts right now.

i had just received an email with my flight details from penny. i opened my messages app and decided to send shawn a text about the good news, and my arrival time.

he responded with a "YAY" with a million smiley emojis, causing me to laugh.

trying to distract myself from shawn was going to be extremely difficult considering we were going to be together in toronto for the next four days.

-------------

SOMEONE HMU WITH SOME IDEAS FOR AMAYA IN TORONTO PLS AND THANKS