read 2:38pm

shawn mendASSHOLE
hey i'm gonna be free for lunch in 30
can i pick you up?

me
can't sorry. working through lunch.

shawn mendASSHOLE
ok :(

——

shawn mendASSHOLE
hey
[7:22am]

me
hi sorry busy day
[10:48pm]

shawn mendASSHOLE
hey sorry i went to sleep super early
[6:10am]

———

shawn mendASSHOLE
what's up

me
working :/

shawn mendASSHOLE
can i come by tonight and we can watch a movie?

me
idk i have to get these designs done

shawn mendASSHOLE
oh ok. let me know

———

shawn mendASSHOLE
wanna come to the studio and hear a sneak peek of some new songs?

me
not today

shawn mendASSHOLE
why

me
i'm busy

shawn mendASSHOLE
doing what

me
things. work. life.

shawn mendASSHOLE
what kind of an answer is that...
why are u avoiding me
[read 2:38pm]

amaya what the hell is going on?

did you turn your reads off?!!!!

whatever is going on you can talk to me.. whenever you're ready..
[delivered]

~s~

for the past two and a half weeks i've barely seen amaya. she's been avoiding me and it was pretty obvious, and i wasn't gonna lie it hurt.
my anxiety got the best of me and all i could think was that she hated me again or she found out about my feelings for her somehow and she was freaked out by it.

part of me wanted to confront her in person and figure out what was going on. the other half of me wanted to give her space, but i was scared that she'd slip away if i did.
"dude you ok?" zubin sat down next to me on the couch. we were taking a quick 10 minute break in between rehearsals.

i took a quick swig of my water bottle, giving him a nod as i screwed the cap back on.

he shifted in his seat. as i glanced at him his eyebrows were raised, unconvinced.

i leaned back on my hands throwing my head back, letting out an aggregated sigh. "it's amaya."

"what about her man?"

i licked my lips, preparing to finally admit to the first person that i was in love with her.

"i-uh- she's been avoiding me hardcore for the past two weeks and i just-i can't stop worrying that...," i trailed off, afraid to actually say the words out loud.